I love my bike (2 Viewers)

broken arm said:
but someone stole it.

hello monday.

hello.

hell.

try and recover from your loss as soon as you can. some people linger on it for a little too long and you might end up like this poor chap

bike_rider.jpg

did you have a decent lock or were you using a halfords/tesco brand u lock? a certain someone i know nearly had their bike pilferred. someone poured what looked like a solvent/acid into the barrel of the lock which stopped it from being unlocked from the key and was waiting for him to do what all good peole would do - chance their arm and leave it there for the night until they could sort out a locksmith in the end.

i agree with alaquando, get a bike in japan. they're amazing, all sorts of crazy fold up styles and cheaper than here. i nearly bought one but then i saw a digital camera.....:eek:

They should fashion expoding decoy bikes out of the decomissioned IRA stockpile that blow up when a skanger tries to knick them. And leave them at random places around town. BOOOOM!!! hahaha. Al that would be left would be a smoking pair of Nike (probably stolen from 'sum spick steewdint'),a batterd box of 15 blue and an upper lip with a bit of a ronnie on it.

Exploding Skangers hahahahahaha.

frambosenshmak said:
did you have a decent lock or were you using a halfords/tesco brand u lock?

This is funny because some of Halfords locks are made by Abus,who make serioulsy good locks. Not that I care,I just would rather someone wasn't put off buying a good look. Just remember,cheap=shit with bike locks and anything can be broken into.

I was wondering - is there any point in reporting this to the gardai. They won't find your bike but they might let you know when those auctions for recovered bikes are on or something. Or is that a dumb idea?

I had a bike once.

It was a deadly rudy project one, with a big thick frame and twenty one gears. Loved it. Got stolen 3 days after i got it as a birthday present.
I swore that day i would never cry again.

And i have'nt.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
I was wondering - is there any point in reporting this to the gardai. They won't find your bike but they might let you know when those auctions for recovered bikes are on or something. Or is that a dumb idea?

not at all but I'm in Cardiff.

HitsLikeAGirl said:
I had a bike once.

It was a deadly rudy project one, with a big thick frame and twenty one gears. Loved it. Got stolen 3 days after i got it as a birthday present.
I swore that day i would never cry again.

And i have'nt.

HA! Rudy Project. I had a friend who got one fo those. Went on, and on, and on , and on about it for fucking months about how great it was despite the fact that he was bringing it to that portacabin near rochestown avenue every few weeks. I think it was eventually stolen out of his garage.

Left another bike outside college once and forgot about it over the weekend. Came back to find it completley stripped of everything just a frame and a U-Lock. Parasites.

i've had bikes stolen from me so much that i now have 3 different styles and types of locks on my bike to try and make it a little bit more difficult to nick, but still i'm sure if someone really wanted to nick it they'd find a way...

I always find it unbearably sad when something happens to someone's bike.

Mostly because the word "bike" creates images like the following in my head:

boy_bike.jpg

boy_bike.jpg

Boy-on-bike.jpg

boy_bike.jpg

The words "my bike" have a similar effect on me as hearing a little kid say the words "Will you be my friend?" - it's just too much.

People who steal bikes are bad people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back