i know fight like apes and they are sound (2 Viewers)

The more I think about it...Ultimately this is bollocks. You split up, and blame the world? Cry. It's publicity hungry nonsense.

There's nothing on earth stopping them making music and playing gigs and having ordinary everyday jobs like the absolute majority of bands in this country. Ireland's too small and too stupid to maintain an actual music scene of any note. And frankly Ape Sanglidge's music isn't good enough to work in an international context. Every country in the world is trying to maintain it's own shitty fluff-rock bands. They don't need interlopers.

I mean, if you really think that the system is fucked, initiate change. DOn't just down tools and say it's the fault of teh consumer in this post-bubble-bursting world. Offer them "content" and "product" they might actually want. Or do it for the sheer love of it, cos you can't give it up. ANd you'll work in a crummy office taking shit because those night son stage and those nights in the studio are what it's all about.

There's something quite entitled about this. People, you didn't love us enough, so now try living in a world without us. That world, for me, seems fine.

But I'd bet money, if I had any, that this will not be the end.

This might be my favourite ever post

I wrote a book no one wants to publish, so obviously that's the industry's fault, right?
I spent 2 years writing a very detailed pitch for a pop-psychology book, and got told in the kindest possible terms "you can't publish a non-fiction book unless you already have a public profile"

Tough shit. As my teacher in 4th class used to say "life isn't fair, lads - if life was fair I'd have a rolls royce and you'd have a gun to shoot me with"

(BTW @Hector Grey I would dearly love to read a book written by you)

I spent 2 years writing a very detailed pitch for a pop-psychology book, and got told in the kindest possible terms "you can't publish a non-fiction book unless you already have a public profile"

Tough shit. As my teacher in 4th class used to say "life isn't fair, lads - if life was fair I'd have a rolls royce and you'd have a gun to shoot me with"

Some day, Egg. Some day.

Calm down everyone, as they stated in their message they're still making music for the love:

You’ll see us all again under different musical guises but, these 3 shows will be Fight Like Apes’ last.

I listen to spotify a lot. I get music mailouts, I scan them, I listen on spotify. I generally buy everything I decide I like.

Maybe its different for the kids.

It's different for the kids.

I quite Like Apes: so long and thanks for all the tunes

"They did things Irish bands just didn’t do. In 2009, they built a wrestling ring in the Academy."

Remember when The Scene That Celebrates Itself had a wrestling thing? God, of course you don't. It was all of 15 years ago. Before music was invented.
"In the early 2000s, when I was working in The Hub in Temple Bar, writing reviews in exchange for beer and free entrance to gigs..."

Here's how you do it (Kunt & The Gang):

After 13 years I’m calling a it day. Don’t take it personally, it’s not you, it’s me. It wasn’t even anything to do with playing Fucksticks nearly 2,000 times. The miles you do when touring round the country eventually wore us down, despite doing it in the luxury comfort of my Ford Fiesta.

I had run out of ideas in 2011 but lucky for me (though unlucky for 400 other people) Uncle Jimmy and his diddling celebrity chums enabled me to eek another 5 years out of it.

I’d like to personally wank each and every one of you who came out and saw us at a gig, or bought a download, T-shirt or CD and didn’t then sell it for 17p to Music Magpie when you moved in with your new bird who didn’t like that sort of thing.

I haven’t got a gameplan for what I do now but rest assured I’ll probably just be back in a couple of years, cap in hand, when whatever I do next fails and I’m skint.

Cheers 8===3 - - -

Kunt, October 2016

P.S. The website and the Kuntshop will remain open indefinitely so make yourself a cup of tea, take off your trousers and pants and browse around at your leisure.

I feel bad dude, I got a phone call from a publisher after certain content aggregators lifted one of my shitty blog posts (with permission I should say) and that was my route to book publishing heaven. My public profile was infinitesimal (still is) when they asked me to put together the buke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back