Bassist and guitarist wanted (1 Viewer)

bend_sinister

Hello,

Dublin-based band looking for a bassist and a lead guitarist. Either (or both) bassist and guitarist would preferably be able to contribute backing vocals too.

We have an album in the can and almost ready for release but have lost a few members at the wrong time. We'd be looking to do an album launch gig (or gigs) and take it from there. We also have a few previous releases under our belt and have played Vantastival.

We like all sorts of stuff but I guess the more obvious influence-type stuff would be things like Will Oldham/Bonnie Prince Billy, Smog/Bill Callahan, Low, Wilco, Sparklehorse, Spiritualized, Mogwai, My Bloody Valentine, Super Furry Animals, Dylan, Neil Young, Tom Waits, etc etc etc... I am also, personally, obsessed with The Fall but we don't sound anything like The Fall.

We try and rehearse once a week or once every couple of weeks in Troubadour rehearsal studios in Fairview. We're not exactly spring chickens so any super hip young things might want to bear that in mind. 😄

We tend to spend quite a lot of our rehearsals doing some freeform, noisy (some would say aimless) jamming so it's not exactly a strict regimen of practicing song after song after song. We do eventually try and learn our songs though. We also like effects pedals. Bring all your effects pedals.

If you're interested PM me and I can let you hear the new unreleased album and point you in the direction of the older stuff, and you can decide if you're into it.

Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back