I Heart That Thing (1 Viewer)

thas' more like it!
i see what's happening here. Hector is mean on the i heart thread and he's nice on the i hate thread. Perverted genius
ahhhhhh

awww, i love you all over again. i feel wierd on the inside and am covered in yogurt. could it be truer?

How can anyone not like Heart to Heart.....it had Max.....and Missus H...she's goygeous.....

And when they got together it was moider...

I loikes:
A freshly brewed pot of coffee. A freshly squeezed glass of orange juice. Pancakes. "Something/Anything?", the Minutemen, "At Action Park", Miles Davis, Coltrane, Mingus. running / cycling / martial arts.
Out of the Past, The Hustler, Chinatown, Catch 22, In Cold Blood, Coen bros.
Robert Mitchum in Night of the Hunter.
When the program you've been toiling over is finally error free.
Dancing to 'hot for teacher' in the metal section in Bruxelles.
That new Jimmy Cake video. Thumped. Tekken 3, Counterstrike. Huge, tremendously addictive, unfinishable computer RPGs (ah, Baldur's Gate II, here I come). Last night's Trans Am gig. Hector Grey's scathing reviews of... everything.
I loath: Kevin Smith and his fucking woeful films, The Frames.

- coffee, fags & Sunday newspapers before 12 on Sunday morning
- train travel
- getting e-mails from friends in the States/ Oz unexpectedly
- Friday 6pm
- spying a seal/ heron/ cormorant/ hawk out by the sea when adsentmindedly walking
- that warm tingly feeling of the sun on your skin when you've just had a cold dip in the sea during summertime
- that CLEAN feeling after a long night's sleep without alcohol when you've been on the piss for several nights previous
- the first day of holidays
- Christmas dinner
- John Huston's 'The Dead', Luchino Visconti's 'Death in Venice', 'Withnail and I'
- Tom Wolfe, Iain Banks, Peter Hoeg, James Joyce, Margaret Atwood, Ian McEwan, Robert M Pirsig
- Batman - the hyper-camp 1960s TV version
- Seinfeld, Frazier, Trigger Happy TV, Michael Moore, Peter Sellers, Farrelly Brothers movies, Northern Exposure
- the young Peter O'Toole (ah, those eyes), the young Paul Newman (ah, those eyes), Christopher Walken, Jeff Bridges, Philip Seymour Hoffman (purely as an actor, mind), that guy who played Chris in Northern Exposure
- writing
- singing
- sleeping beside someone I love sometimes
- sleeping alone most of the time
- throwing dinner parties for friends that start out civilised and end in a a drunken, oldies-singing sprawl
- Guinness
- extra-strong cheddar
- pesto, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, Fox's Golden Crunch, banoffi, Quorn sausages, my homebaked American cheesecake

- that super-adrenalised feeling after physical exertion, like when you make yourself run that extra lap
- licking his fingers because you KNOW what it will DO
- strawberry cornettos

I love our new Big Bed. I thought maybe I was getting old, but no, it was four years of two people sleeping badly in a cheap 4-foot (i.e. SMALL) bed taking its toll. Investing in a Very Expensive 5-foot model was one of the best ideas I ever had

2 other things that I heart from this weekend just gone by:

an afternoon get-together with old friends (from 1st year in College - 12 years ago!!) I hadn't seen in ages - and remembering why I liked them

coming up over the brow of the steep northern side of Lugnaquilla, and suddenly there's the whole country spread out in front of you in the sun, but it's all covered in white cloud so it's like your in an aeroplane and Mount Leinster is sticking up through the clouds miles and miles away ...

- that couple of seconds when you wake up on a sunday morning before you realise what a fool you made of yerself the night before.

specially if it involves dancing. or pretending to swoon to the smiths. cringe

oh and vincent gallo's new album.. and buffalo 66

and monkeys

-Chris Morris hating everyone, and letting them know just to see how they react.
-new Sunday Mt. Zion & Tra-La-La Band Album.
-Hamell on Trial coming to Whelans.
-Walking through town when it's frosty and cold and nice.
-Death of a Salesman (makes me feel more fortunate than someone)

-well getting into a fight and winning is definitely the best one yet.
-sensible soccer
-puzzle bobble (the first one none of this 4 bullshit) is probably my favourite puzzle game, just finished it there b. brownsox, ye bollix ,so suck it down.tetris on the gameboy is deadly too though.
-the mummies
-when a new band from dublin comes along and they're shite.
-the bit in m where the blind guy recognises the tune being whistled.
-seeing people with fucked up faces especially if their heads are being held together with some kind of technic lego shit.
-hearing that someone famous has died or is fucked up.
-finding old bossanova records in my attic.
-picking violet berlin in 20 questions.
-seeing scummers beat the living fuck out of each other.
-that 5 star frog leap malarchy, jesus, my ribs would be banjaxed.
-seeing ken doherty run across main street ranalaigh and hearing someone say "giv us yr wallit or you'll be gettin a scar across yr other cheek".

-Fish
-Cliff walks
-Garage punk and Psych
-Charity Shops
-Shirts
-Sunsets
-Some dogs
-The Prisoner
-Garlic Bread
-Uppy grass
-Post-exercise clarity
-Not having to smoke cigarettes
-Independent labels
-Humans
-Henry Miller
-Alex Chilton
-Drinking just enough
-Alan Moore
-2000 AD
-Flying Nun Records
-Horses
-Chimps
-New runners
-Static Electricity
-Echo boxes
-Karate Champ
-Asteroids
-Howth Head
-Bray Head
-Track and Field events
-Hot strong tea
-Old family photographs
-Geography books
-Brighton
-Most accents
-Liam Brady
-Michel Platini
-Laughing
-Trying to swim

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back