I have the horn for... (22 Viewers)

The models allow it because they want to FUCKING OWN the term I think. Rather than try and run away from it.

It's a good point though, I guess like any categorization it displays its bias.

models are typically skinny aren't they? that's the industry preference (gay men wanting women to look like boys). need a differentiator, and "healthy looking" doesn't cut it

Runway models seem to be the group that every other type is in relation to.

They're top of the food chain (pun not intended, but left in anyway) and when you're not one, there's usually a modifier before 'model' to say what you are.
Catalog model, plus size model, glamour model etc.

Just because it's been a while

Vicky-McClure-vicky-mcclure-31522348-580-350.jpg
*THROWS PEN*

They should call them 'have already had sufficient spuds' models. supermodels always look like they should eat some spuds. I think cocaine plays a part in the proliferation of the waif.

This is a cracking read

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/04/fashion/04Gimlet.html?pagewanted=all

“What people don’t realize is that they’re rarer by far than superstar athletes.The numbers of people who can do this are probably under 100 in the world,” Mr. Razek said. “And in the show it’s only 30 girls.”

I've read that before. Very interesting. I'm reading a book at the minute called The Sports Gene. Apparently there's something like 40% of all Americans over 6'7 playing in the NBA

is it actually interesting? the comment of a marketing guy from a knickers brand who reckons that there are fewer than a hundred people out of 7 billion who can look suitably compelling in knickers?

is it actually interesting? the comment of a marketing guy from a knickers brand who reckons that there are fewer than a hundred people out of 7 billion who can look suitably compelling in knickers?

Well, the thing taken as a whole was interesting to me.

What the requirements are, what women put themselves through to make it, the comments of the handlers and on and on.
How insane the whole thing is when it's for exactly as you say, to sling knickers.
I mean it's almost impossible for me now to read that producer lady's comments and not think of Stanley Tucci's character in the Hunger Games. Or an evil version of him.

Why not just call her a model? No one ever calls skinny models "zero size models" to differentiate them from "plus size" models.

Its a decent point, she is a model. Its also a categorical thing and how she's marketed, but you're right

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back