i hate this guy (4 Viewers)

Tom%20Hicks%20Has%20an%20Enormous%20Face.jpg

I hate this slimeball.

Technically he could die of syphilis, as he could refuse treatment.
Just the kind of thing this free-thinking bullet-proof Renaissance man might do were he to contract a bit of knob rot.

pretty sure he could do most of them if he tried

I always think 'how beautiful' until he smiles and then I just get weirded out.

Smashing Pumpkins are still going.

Odd story

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/feb/21/smashing-pumpkins-bassist-cover-claims

Smashing Pumpkins bassist claims she appeared on Siamese Dream cover
Smashing Pumpkins bassist claims she appeared on Siamese Dream cover
According to singer Billy Corgan, a picture of new bassist Nicole Fiorentino graced the cover of their 1993 album. However others – including Rolling Stone magazine – remain sceptical

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Monday 21 February 2011 15.13 GMT
Article history

Any future band members please reveal yourselves ... Smashing Pumpkins. Photograph: Action Press/Rex Features
Smashing Pumpkins' new bassist was apparently one of the cover-stars of their 1993 album, Siamese Dream. As a little girl, Nicole Fiorentino claims her photograph was snapped for the cover of the alternative rock classic; almost 20 years later, she joined the band – without telling Billy Corgan who she was.

"Just found out the weirdest news," Corgan recently confessed on Twitter "Our bass player Nicole just admitted she is one of the girls on the cover of Siamese Dream ... She said she didn't want us to know because she thought maybe we wouldn't let her be in the band."

Fiorentino joined the Pumpkins in May 2010, more than a year after Jimmy Chamberlin's departure left the band as a glorified Billy Corgan solo-project. Like new drummer Matt Byrne , the 31-year-old was discovered through a series of open auditions. She was just the latest in a tradition of female bassists in the Smashing Pumpkins, following in the footsteps of D'arcy Wretzky and Ginger Pooley. It was Wretzky who played bass on Siamese Dream, which sold more than six million copies worldwide, and hit number four on the UK charts. Fiorentino, allegedly, was just one of the cover's two grinning little girls.

Or was she? Rolling Stone has questioned Corgan's claim, suggesting that the singer is just "fucking with his fans". While cover photographer Melodie McDaniel hasn't weighed in yet, her assistant said he's "pretty sure" the photograph was taken specifically for the album – not an old shot taken from the archives and put to use. As Fiorentino would have been around 14 in 1993, it's hard to imagine it could be a photo of her from that year. It doesn't help that Fiorentino herself has re-tweeted the skeptical Rolling Stone article, pointing it out to her followers.

Then again, if Fiorentino was indeed a tot on the front of Siamese Dream, using a recycled photo from years before, it sets the stage for all kinds of other musical reunions. Might the baby from Nevermind join Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic for a Nirvana reunion? Will the boy from U2's Boy become the band's new vibraphonist? Whose bum is on the front of the Strokes' Is This It, and can she play trombone? Only time will tell ...

i hate this guy

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ah he's shite

don't be sad, if you like him then I hate you right back

balance has been restored

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back