i can see some people scoring v highly on this (1 Viewer)

Catwoman said:
Taken from 'About Me' section of that site:

"I love picnics and woodland walks hand in hand, especially with my darling girlfriend Venetia whose romantic and the best sweetheart I could ever hope to find, with whome I hope to enjoy a lifetime of sunsets with. I live in Southall in London/Middlesex in England in rented accommodation. I'm English, though half of me is French genetically wise, starsign is Gemini. I rarely drink if ever, tending instead to love Cherry Cola and ginger beer, I don't smoke or do drugs. I'm an intelligent devout atheist. I'm of a slim build, and fit, probably due to using weights at home and cycling most places. I'm a great sweet addict, especially skittles, M&M's, and love crisps too. Crytical path anaylis, micro-ecomonists".

My nerdiest things were probably school related too...being on quiz teams and stuff. Or that in secondary school I learned (or attempted to learn) 8 languages in total. The nerdiest thing (though I swear I used do it on purpose just to piss her off) was that whenever my friend sent me notes in first year I used to correct her spellings and send them back:D Her spelling was brutal though...

I was also addicted to The X Files for years.

Liadain said:
Ha. Did you charge for membership to your library jane? I charged 50p.
I *HEART* you, Liadain. Why couldn't you have been born like 10 years earlier, and in my neighbourhood? Imagine the literary and mathematical output alone. Jeez. scary.

As for the library, I don't think I charged membership. This could be because my members were my cuddly toys, who were mostly unwaged at the time....

Mine were as well... In the unlikely event of one of my friends coming round, I would attempt to charge them though... and then my mother would call me mercenary and try to make me accept buttons as payment.
I blame it all on not having a TV.

Liadain said:
Mine were as well... In the unlikely event of one of my friends coming round, I would attempt to charge them though... and then my mother would call me mercenary and try to make me accept buttons as payment.
I blame it all on not having a TV.
You had friends?

Wow.

Ah, no, I had friends, but not many nerd ones. The 'proper' nerds I knew were generally the smelly kids who watched Dr Who and were into sci fi, which I wasn't.

I had one friend called Lydia who was as much of a nerd as I was, and about the same things. She was totally into playing library and school and making up weird games that only nerds could play. We also used to sit around and read copies of The New Yorker, for some reason. This was when we were about seven or eight.

Should I be ashamed?

I didn't really have nerdy friends, I did have one who'd been to the tower of london though, and we used have conversations about our favourite kinds of torture... I'm not sure what that makes me.

'The nerdiest thing (though I swear I used do it on purpose just to piss her off) was that whenever my friend sent me notes in first year I used to correct her spellings' and send them back '

That is so the sort of thing I'd do... Did you see Nano's floating pizza slice island where nobody pays tax? And his short stories are amazing. He's obsessed with picnics and M&Ms.

Juno said:
Taken from 'About Me' section of that site:

"I love picnics and woodland walks hand in hand, especially with my darling girlfriend Venetia whose romantic and the best sweetheart I could ever hope to find, with whome I hope to enjoy a lifetime of sunsets with. I live in Southall in London/Middlesex in England in rented accommodation. I'm English, though half of me is French genetically wise, starsign is Gemini. I rarely drink if ever, tending instead to love Cherry Cola and ginger beer, I don't smoke or do drugs. I'm an intelligent devout atheist. I'm of a slim build, and fit, probably due to using weights at home and cycling most places. I'm a great sweet addict, especially skittles, M&M's, and love crisps too. Crytical path anaylis, micro-ecomonists".

My nerdiest things were probably school related too...being on quiz teams and stuff. Or that in secondary school I learned (or attempted to learn) 8 languages in total. The nerdiest thing (though I swear I used do it on purpose just to piss her off) was that whenever my friend sent me notes in first year I used to correct her spellings and send them back:D Her spelling was brutal though...

I was also addicted to The X Files for years.
this guy counts as disabled right? them fotos of him kissing made my brekkie come up.It's like wow I have a girlfriend..I never thought anyone would be that sick! lucky me.

jane said:
You had friends?

Wow.

Ah, no, I had friends, but not many nerd ones. The 'proper' nerds I knew were generally the smelly kids who watched Dr Who and were into sci fi, which I wasn't.

I had one friend called Lydia who was as much of a nerd as I was, and about the same things. She was totally into playing library and school and making up weird games that only nerds could play. We also used to sit around and read copies of The New Yorker, for some reason. This was when we were about seven or eight.

Should I be ashamed?
*impressed* There's 2 kinds of nerd: the arts nerd and the science nerd. You certainly fall into the latter. I kind of straddle both categories - I like Star Trek but I was never any good at maths, science or programming.

Latex lizzie said:
this guy counts as disabled right? them fotos of him kissing made my brekkie come up.It's like wow I have a girlfriend..I never thought anyone would be that sick! lucky me.
He looks like a cross between Rick Astley and a Young Fianna Fail-er.

Catwoman said:
*impressed* There's 2 kinds of nerd: the arts nerd and the science nerd. You certainly fall into the latter. I kind of straddle both categories - I like Star Trek but I was never any good at maths, science or programming.
Do you mean the former? I was maths and science and arts when I was a kid, but as I got older, my nerd focus has narrowed.

The problem with being a female 'arts nerd' is that, when you hit your teenage years, the science nerds are totally gross and smelly, the non-nerds are just out of bounds, and the male arts nerds are either total introverts or not interested in girls at all. Being a female nerd means NO DATES.

I never liked Star Trek, and I was only good at maths when I was young. Apparently, I was doing higher maths at age 11, but then, by the time I got toward the end of secondary school (before they, er, 'asked' me to leave...) I was flunking stuff that was simpler than that. Go American school system!

jane said:
Do you mean the former? I was maths and science and arts when I was a kid, but as I got older, my nerd focus has narrowed.

The problem with being a female 'arts nerd' is that, when you hit your teenage years, the science nerds are totally gross and smelly, the non-nerds are just out of bounds, and the male arts nerds are either total introverts or not interested in girls at all. Being a female nerd means NO DATES.

I never liked Star Trek, and I was only good at maths when I was young. Apparently, I was doing higher maths at age 11, but then, by the time I got toward the end of secondary school (before they, er, 'asked' me to leave...) I was flunking stuff that was simpler than that. Go American school system!
Sorry, yeah! D'oh!

Like most people spat out of the English education system, I am completely innumerate .

Catwoman said:
Sorry, yeah! D'oh!

Like most people spat out of the English education system, I am completely innumerate .

Yes, as are Americans. The best way to make kids learn nothing is to send them to school. My school even tried to convince me I had a learning disability because I thought school sucked, skipped it a lot, and listened to punk rock music.

Also amazing is how many punk rock kids were branded with learning disabilities right around the time A.D.D. 'came out'. I told them to shove it up their A.S.S..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back