i can see some people scoring v highly on this (1 Viewer)

pete said:
"I designed this original packaging, always liked it. Still like the gold cup and footballers idea. "

Ah Kevin Toms and his curly mop

http://www.kevintoms.com

and now SiGames - the crowd behind Championship Manager - have bought the rights to the Football Manager name 'cos they split from Eidos who have kept the Championship Manager name (but not the engine). So don't buy the next Championship Manager kids - it's Football Manager all the way now...

lmd64 said:
On my second attempt, trying to boost my score. Ahem.
This is awesome.

I held back.

I noticed that when you're on the 'forums index' page, this thread comes up as 'I can see some people scoring', which is funny, since those of us who are geeks probably wouldn't have reputations for 'being seen scoring'.

Just a thought. I can only speak for myself, I guess.

yiz are also boasting as if geekiness is a proxy for cleverness. geekiness just means you know lots of the wrong things when you should have been learning the right things.

example of wrong thing: learning backwards Klingon mathematics tables
example of right thing: how to cook food so it is nice to eat - hmmmm. I'm off to cook food.

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
yiz are also boasting as if geekiness is a proxy for cleverness. geekiness just means you know lots of the wrong things when you should have been learning the right things.

example of wrong thing: learning backwards Klingon mathematics tables
example of right thing: how to cook food so it is nice to eat - hmmmm. I'm off to cook food.
Listen here, Mister, I am a whiz in the kitchen, (not to mention a snappy dresser) -- just because I can translate recpies into Latin doesn't mean geekiness is a waste of time. I do prefer to be called a 'nerd', but geek still applies to those of us who spent childhood doing homework for fun.

You're just sore 'cause you scored so poorly. Don't blame us, blame the test. Blame society for raising the geek bar too high.

I'm still deeply absorbed in my nerdy writing thing I do all day. It might be geeky that my brief periods of respite from writing consist largely of more writing, but I ..... am ashamed of myself....

jane said:
(not to mention a snappy dresser)

Jane awaits her friends as they plan to go out for a big night in the town.

9m09.jpg

jane said:
I noticed that when you're on the 'forums index' page, this thread comes up as 'I can see some people scoring', which is funny, since those of us who are geeks probably wouldn't have reputations for 'being seen scoring'.

Just a thought. I can only speak for myself, I guess.
hehe i noticed that as well.... it's cos i'm such a geek that the closest i was ever going to get to scoring was watching other people do it, and was so chuffed at encountering said that I had to post it here!
i don't do any scoring.

jane said:
Well, beat me up and take my lunch money, I'm a

25.64103% - Total Geek

And that's without any of the technological stuff, which greatly skewed my results, masking the true geek within.

I like that there were several questions related to wanting to score well on the test. Only a true nerd is so obsessed with quantifying performance that he/she will even do whatever it takes to score on a test that just proves that point.

Excellent.
scary. i got the exact result 25.64103% - Total Geek
does that mean we are related? even geekly?:D

Liadain said:
Arranged my books in order of:
1st: size
2nd: category (books about music, books about science, fiction, etc)
3rd: alphabetical order according to author's surname
4th: chronological order according to date of publication.

Arranged my record collection in alphabetical and chronological order.
arranging a record collection in some sort of order makes sense
easy to see if something is missing

I've never attempted to put my record collection in any real order, except for the one cd rack that i have. The rest are all over the place which results in me regularly taking ages to find things i've not listened to in a while and occasionally finding stuff i didn't know i had

conor said:
football manager man... they didn't have championship manager back then ;).
the touch of ye olde rubber keyboard (48k spectrum) at 6.30am, sneaking around to make sure me da wouldn't hear me and putting it all away again before he got up for work. total geek yes.
ah Football Manager...ADDICTIVE GAMES
good old Kevin Toms

played it recently; all those players, Withe, Keegan, Hoddle

and the gameplay - white and black men

:D

nlgbbbblth said:
arranging a record collection in some sort of order makes sense
easy to see if something is missing
yeah - it's even better if you catalogue them as well. i started doing that but never finished it - i guess my nerdiness doesn't extend that far. but when i lived with people who'd borrow things while i was away, it was great, i could go "i know you've borrowed something starting with R!" and they were clowned....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back