Got a fag bud?

• No, I don't smoke

Votes: 23 62.2%
  • Yes, there you go boss

Votes: 10 27.0%
  • uh hang on, no, sorry, I only smoke when I'm drinking

Votes: 4 10.8%

• Total voters
If you smoke the only people who are going to want to snog you are other smokers. Seeing how smokers are now in the minority that cuts your chances by a good bit. Besides did you ever see the wans standing outside buildings tugging away....

... not a looker amoung them.

When I see young 'uns smoking it depresses me. Being old we've all heard the reasons not to smoke a million times, it just reminds you that that message has to be repeated over and over again.

I would just like to point out at this point how cool it is to smoke. Picture yourself in France, smoking a cigarette while the beret-wearing lovelies walk by.

It's cool and it makes you a man.

Suppose that's a point.

Now picture yourself on Christmas looking in through the window while everyone gulps wine and opens presents by the fire while watching "Noel's Family Christmas Accidents" pulling crackers and joking. And you're arms folded shivering in the rain having a fag while you stomp one foot on the ground at a time to avoid frostbite.

Seroiusly though, smoke em if you want like.

Originally posted by snakybus
I would just like to point out at this point how cool it is to smoke. Picture yourself in France, smoking a cigarette while the beret-wearing lovelies walk by.

It's cool and it makes you a man.

No no... you used the wrong example. The examply you used makes you look homosexual. And, as we all know, homosexuals are half men. Well, that's what Father Dicking tells me. As I only socialize on a Sunday, Father Dicking's words are what I rely on for the outside world.

You should have used the example of a man in a wife-beater vest, lounging in the kitchen during a sweaty Mississippi July day, smoking a Marlboro while his curvy wifey Rose-Tinted scrubs the childrens clothes in a suggestive fashion.

Inhalers are the new cigarettes. Man, when I'm out I'd have about 40 puffs on the inhaler. And if I'm really drunk, I switch to the light brown ones....

Originally posted by silo
HERV ARE YOU READING ALL THIS YOU WALLY?

yes.

and do you think i care? no.

i smoke because i like smoking, i know its bad for me, i know it will probably kill me, and i know its pretty revolting. but i don't live in the real world most of the time, so i can convince myself that its ok.

tah dah.

hey not to be facetious, but does everybody who smokes, er, non-tobacco products do it with tobacco mixed in there? That's uncommon here, dunno if "non-tobacco" is more likely to be the brown resinous kind or the leafy variety? Just, yknow, for curiousity like...we usually have the leafy type, the resinous is rare... I was gonna suggest that to stop smoking tobacco, that's what a..."friend"...of mine did...not me of course, that's illegal...cough cough

Re: [cont.]

coughed up by Anne OMalley
Here's how I quit: I planned it two years in advance to the exact day, and on the morning of quitting I started to read Alan Carr's book "Easy Way To Stop Smoking".

My house mate swears by that very same book, bizzare, he said after reading it there is no possible way you can justify smoking to yourself and that he just quit cold turkey after he had read it.

It must be some bloody book.

I'm quite surprised, only 33% of folk who voted smoke, I was sure that it was going to be a majority for the smokers...

[insert dumb tasteless 'we are a dying breed' joke here]

fair play to the non-smokers

Originally posted by dubh in seattle
That's uncommon here, dunno if "non-tobacco" is more likely to be the brown resinous kind or the leafy variety? Just, yknow, for curiousity like...we usually have the leafy type, the resinous is rare...

I'm sorry to break it to you Dubh, but grass is pretty rare round here, generally all you get is resin.

Originally posted by herv
yes.

and do you think i care? no.

i smoke because i like smoking, i know its bad for me, i know it will probably kill me, and i know its pretty revolting. but i don't live in the real world most of the time, so i can convince myself that its ok.

tah dah.

AAAAARRRRRGGHHH!!!!!!!!

smoky pubs = coraline has asthma attacks and loses her voice way too often.

plus there's the kissing thing - yeeeeeuch

and the stinky stale stench of smoke on clothes after being out.gross.

i dont have a problem with people choosing to smoke, its incredibly stupid but thats your business, but it pisses me off that
it affects everyone else too.......

how about some kind of see through bubble apparatus that a smoker could wear over their head so they could keep all their disgusting smoke to themselves
!bing !bing !bing

Originally posted by Pantone247
I'm sorry to break it to you Dubh, but grass is pretty rare round here, generally all you get is resin.

You should move to East Clare where the weed is rampant. I'd come home from school every now and again to find foliage curing under the grill, gave the old toasted cheese sandwiches a bit of an aftertaste I can tell ya.

I've never smoked in my life, but apart from the whole clothes stinking after a night in the pub thing smokers don't bother me, so long as the fuckers are taxed enough to pay for what their messy deaths cost. Live and let live is what I say.

Originally posted by barry
my brother smokes and he is been smoking since he was 16 but every morning he coughfs for TEN MINUTES IN THE SHOWER

that's shocking, barry. really shocking.

...so; tell us some more about you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back