Is it likely that I need a different cable? (1 Viewer)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
Here, look at this USB connection, it's on a hard drive I bought about years ago. I put a load of stuff on it and haven't looked at it since. Now when I connect it to the pc with a usb cable it doesn't seem to work however I only have USB cables that connect to the left side of the thing in the picture. Is it likely that I need a different cable that will also connect to the right side and power the damn thing up or is it more likely just dead? Thanks
20210306_125618.jpg

Solution
Here, look at this USB connection, it's on a hard drive I bought about years ago. I put a load of stuff on it and haven't looked at it since. Now when I connect it to the pc with a usb cable it doesn't seem to work however I only have USB cables that connect to the left side of the thing in the picture. Is it likely that I need a different cable that will also connect to the right side and power the damn thing up or is it more likely just dead? Thanks
View attachment 14696
You need one of these

AAA PRODUCTS High Grade - USB 3.0 Cable for Western Digital/WD/Seagate/Clickfree/Toshiba/Samsung Portable Hard Drive - USB 3.0 A/Micro-B Cable (2m) Amazon product ASIN B00T9V2VV2
View attachment 14696
You need one of these

AAA PRODUCTS High Grade - USB 3.0 Cable for Western Digital/WD/Seagate/Clickfree/Toshiba/Samsung Portable Hard Drive - USB 3.0 A/Micro-B Cable (2m) Amazon product ASIN B00T9V2VV2

Solution
View attachment 14696

if you're still in Mullingar, take it to the place on Castle Street next to Wilf's. They fixed the port on a hard-drive I had that was fucked for a very reasonable price. 35 eu. They seem sound - they'll probably tell you if they can fix it there and then, or what you need to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back