How to put on weight (2 Viewers)

Re: How to put on wieght

been looking for somewhere to post this for ages:

erxmt.jpg

It's just that the sedentary dude is outliving the triathetes.

I've put on about a stone since I stopped training for an imaginary musical olympics.

I recommend cheezey burritos and loads of biscuits!

No!

Although...I'm recommencing physical activity this week..maybe I'll start the camera rolling!

It'll have an added dimension...A tale fatness to fitness.

it ain't rocket science. You lose weight if calories in is less than calories out. The only other reason is illness. Calories out can vary depending on your metabolism. If you're an active person (by active I just mean you walk a lot, take stairs instead of the lift, go to gigs, do other stuff) you'd be surprised how much you'd burn off. If you were in the gym before, regardless of how handy you were taking it you would have had some muscle mass. Stopping exercising would definitely account for some weight loss once you lose that muscle mass.

Are we talking obscene amounts of unexplained weight loss here?

How much do you typically eat in a day?

I dunno about obscene, i used to be about 14st fairly consistently for years, I'm 13 now. and i seem to have lost about a half stone since the autumn, at that time the gp said i was exactly the right weight for my height (6'4"). i don't have a scales though meself though, i have a look at the parents maybe once a month when i'm home, maybe theirs is all wrong. It's probably just that stopping the exercise thing you mentioned, I had a look at google there and it said weight loss can be caused by inactivity. I just need to get a bit more active, see if i can get a job on the bog for the summer. panic over.

it said weight loss can be caused by inactivity. .

Fucking hell, I wish. Have had a mis-aligned spine for the best part of a year, curtailing any decent exercise, and have put on just over a stone. It's 75% diet and 25% exercise they say, though. Steak for dinner and the whites of 4 eggs every morning should see you right though I believe you should try to be fit and healthy at your natural size, like a boxer. e.g. Bernard Dunne would surely eat protein till it was coming out of his ears, pound the weights and he's a still a featherweight. Even look at Jim Stynes. Big guy but fairly skinny for an AFL player, just physically strong and particularly in the core area, like most soccer players (remember reading Roy Keane lived on chicken caesar salads)

I wish I knew I looked good 20 years ago and in 20 years time I'll wish the same thing regarding today.
Hindsight.

Good luck Shaney. I wish I had your problem but I can see how it would be just as frustrating as trying to lose a stone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back