How to loose yourmind (1 Viewer)

#10-7

Website
www.delorentos.net
step 1.
spend 7 days noon to night in front of a computer designing a project.

step 2.
spend your weekend (apart from a visit to the ballroom) writing up a 166 page discussion document.

step 3.
stay up until 5 o'clock finishing it

step 4.
have 2 hours sleep then get a bus to dundalk.

step 5.
find out you'd only brought the discussion document and left the application at home.hought it was supposed to be in yesterday.

step 6.
try to open the document and find it crashes the system. try again. and again. and again. and again. and again.

step 7.
open the document on a different machine. clap hands. print document. realise when you have just spent €10 printing the 166 sheets that all the graphs screen shots and diagrams have large red X's.

step 8.
pull out hair.

step 9.
go to lecturer for help and maybe an extension. lecturer says 'listen, you had ages to do it'. point out that i'm looking for help. lecturer says 'today it is one day left and you lost 5%, tomorrow it will be 10%.'

step 10.
punch wall.
hold head in hands.

Here, just feign a heart attack kieran, it'll work, trust me*.

*never EVER trust me

its easy....

take up smoking, or take up smoking more... drink a strong cup of coffee or some over caffined cola... not that any of that shit helps... have a shower... put back on the same clothes you just took off.... watch hallf an hour of some Riki stylee chat show in a catatonic stuppor.... then get back to working your tits off for the next 56 hours or so till the whole project is all done.

Then you get to sleep for three days solid.

Then you get a job.

Thats when things *reallly* get shitty

TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND REMEMBER THE FUN YOU PLAN TO HAVE FROM JUNE ONWARDS!

LADIES BEWARE

Originally posted by lorcanzo
step 9.
go to lecturer for help and maybe an extension. lecturer says 'listen, you had ages to do it'. point out that i'm looking for help. lecturer says 'today it is one day left and you lost 5%, tomorrow it will be 10%.'

My heart goes out to you dude. I don't know why lecturers do this - why do they act the bollix when someone's a day late when they know they won't have em all marked in a day anyway? "But that's the way it works in the REAL world", they say ... why not postpone your lesson on fucking Civics and teach me what you're supposed to be teaching me?
Maybe they won't dock you the marks when it comes down to it K (they often forget)

yeah, why the fuck is it when you do computer assignments, you always manage to fuck up in the last minute?

.....well it compiled yesterday....today it's fucked....

bring back the stone age!!

that truly sux kerion solly to hear that...

want me to crush up some glass and put it on you lecturers cerial?

on the other hand, back in collage (way way back) I handed in my final year thesis nearly a week late and the gobshite still gave me an honour and forgot to dock me like egg said, they have so mush shite to grade they have to forget unless they are grade A pricks... and this was before the internet too, so I had a lot more work to do;)

well now, ye'd loads of time to do it... everyones in the same boat... if i say one thing to you i'll have to say it for everyone...

sure just hand up any aul shite, they'll be correcting millions of them.*

*actually probably not in dundalk...

wholey be-nappies man you've had a rough time in that course...

I can only wish you the best in recovering the work and your sanity.

Just don't give up until they say 'hey man just give up'.

Lorcanzo, I promise you that if your lecturer ever releases an album on his own small staunchly indie label, I won't buy it.

When you say your Pater is helping you out do you mean you're out of the woods?

Honestly man, you've the worst luck of anyone I've ever met. Maybe it's something to do with the anniversary of the titanic coming up or something. It was reincarnated as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back