Centrist Dads just wanna get along (1 Viewer)

Lili Marlene

-
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Steve Albini calling out his fanbase

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I reckon we need a thread to document the extremist centre and their "non-ideological" takes on things.

Or we could use it to discuss how to get along better, I'm open to both.

I reckon we need a thread to document the extremist centre and their "non-ideological" takes on things.

Or we could use it to discuss how to get along better, I'm open.

Is he live tweeting from an escape room?

Or we could use it to discuss how to get along better, I'm open to both.

yep - a row among the 12 remaining members of thumped is just what will help humanity avoid a hellish future

to help get my bearings definitions @Lili Marlene

some centrist dad beliefs could be:

- the capitalist system is unfair, but a model of it could be workable
- we have a duty to help the poorer in society, but not up to the point of complete redistribution/recreation of societies structures
- everyone has the right to: bodily autonomy, chose their own gender, express their own beliefs etc etc., even if some aspects of these choices make me personally uncomfortable.
- wider society and the state can act to protect the best interests of wider society and the state, but I don't want a police state

or is that a bed wetting center-left dad? and a centrist dad is just a modernized version of george hook?

"Centrist dad" just means "middle-aged, male and mainstream", right? They're the same people we didn't like in hte 90s/80s because they weren't interested in Nirvana or The Smiths
And being overly reductive!

But yes, more or less. They all love the Smiths and Nirvana though.

to help get my bearings definitions @Lili Marlene

some centrist dad beliefs could be:

- the capitalist system is unfair, but a model of it could be workable
- we have a duty to help the poorer in society, but not up to the point of complete redistribution/recreation of societies structures
- everyone has the right to: bodily autonomy, chose their own gender, express their own beliefs etc etc., even if some aspects of these choices make me personally uncomfortable.
- wider society and the state can act to protect the best interests of wider society and the state, but I don't want a police state

or is that a bed wetting center-left dad? and a centrist dad is just a modernized version of george hook?
Something like that, add in:

- this war is regrettable but you left us no choice but to bomb you and your family to dust.

- the Aaron Sorkin model of: our system of governance is perfect and cannot fail, it can only be failed by bad people

And being overly reductive!

But yes, more or less. They all love the Smiths and Nirvana though.

Something like that, add in:

- this war is regrettable but we have no choice but to bomb you and your family to dust.

- the Aaron Sorkin model of: our system of governance is perfect and cannot fail, it can only be failed by bad people

I think we may need subtypes of centrist dad. ( CD -1, CD 0, CD+1)

or is the primary definition a unquestioning support of 'western' military intervention?

I think we may need subtypes of centrist dad. ( CD -1, CD 0, CD+1)

or is the primary definition a unquestioning support of 'western' military intervention?
It's probably about landing just left of Biden, whose positions have been many and varied over the years. There's a centrist dad in all of us and the real centrist dads are the memories of the countries we bomb along the way.

It's probably about landing just left of Biden, whose positions have been many and varied over the years. There's a centrist dad in all of us and the real centrist dads are the memories of the countries we bomb along the way.
maybe we need to set our positions out and each state what counties we think it *is* acceptable to bomb.

typo there, but i'm leaving it in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest posts

Latest threads

Back