Home improvement (3 Viewers)

the lads are gutting the kitchen today. New one coming next week. Will be living off takeaways til then.

bye bye nice fit body
i'd say that's not cheap. the price of bathroom fitting these days seems insane. my neighbour paid 18k to have hers done (a very similar job - but hopefully not price) to what we plan to do.

because i'm a fucking lunatic, i am stripping all the doors, taking them off their hinges, repainting them, and rehanging them. but i must say i do like the way not having a door on a room makes it look bigger and airier. who needs doors?
I've come across more than a few people who have done this.

I'd want big money to take a door off and refinish it. Doors have a mind of their own when they come off . But if its your own door.. sure thats not an issue you've all the time in the world

Also.. don't thin your paint too much if you want it to finish correctly

a friend was recently quoted €750 for what the tiler claimed would be a day's tiling - and that did not include materials.
Paid a tiler €1100 for a biggish bathroom job recently - removing old tiles, replacing some of the plasterboard behind, tanking, and tiling. Took him a little over a week in total, though he wasn't doing full days (because, weirdly, he's a barrister, and was fitting the tiling in around court appearances).

Found him on tradesman.ie Got 2 other quotes for the same job, one of them came in at €2500 (and that was before we knew the plasterboard would have to be replaced).

edit: if anyone needs tiling done you can DM me for his details

I've come across more than a few people who have done this.

I'd want big money to take a door off and refinish it. Doors have a mind of their own when they come off . But if its your own door.. sure thats not an issue you've all the time in the world

Also.. don't thin your paint too much if you want it to finish correctly
it'd cost me probably €200+ per door to replace them anyway. this is saving me a couple of grand.
i've been rolling the water based stuff onto the doors, rather than brushing. you don't get as good a finish with the roller, but it's a hell of a lot quicker.

it'd cost me probably €200+ per door to replace them anyway. this is saving me a couple of grand.
i've been rolling the water based stuff onto the doors, rather than brushing. you don't get as good a finish with the roller, but it's a hell of a lot quicker.

yeah - the roller is the way to go with that paint on large surfaces like doors.

because i'm a fucking lunatic, i am stripping all the doors, taking them off their hinges, repainting them, and rehanging them. but i must say i do like the way not having a door on a room makes it look bigger and airier. who needs doors?
to be fair, the old paint is so thick that once you get it good and warm with a heat gun, it just peels off in sheets.
unfortunately not so easy around the door frame.

PXL_20231207_205804007_small.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back