Home improvement (2 Viewers)

yes, 1953. i read that i don't have to worry unduly about lead paint as long as i warm it with a heat gun without scorching it; and avoid sanding as much as possible, so i'm sanding the doors outside.

yes, 1953. i read that i don't have to worry unduly about lead paint as long as i warm it with a heat gun without scorching it; and avoid sanding as much as possible, so i'm sanding the doors outside.

interesting. ours was 52 I think.
I largely scraped and sanded. like yourself some of it came off in sheets with minimal effort.
I should've used a heat gun, but silly as it sounds didn't really know they existed at the time.

they've ruined paint stripper now. you see them proudly proclaiming 'methylchloride free' (or whatever the chemical is) on the tins now. it was that shit which actually stripped the paint. like proclaiming 'paint stripper free' on the tin.

they've ruined paint stripper now. you see them proudly proclaiming 'methylchloride free' (or whatever the chemical is) on the tins now. it was that shit which actually stripped the paint. like proclaiming 'paint stripper free' on the tin.

yeah - nitromores is no longer the scarily effective thing it once was.

cancer vs a clean finish....

Laughing at this guy and his 'project'

Which is getting someone else to demo the whole place and rebuild it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We had a local jack-of-all-trades guy in to paint some rooms. He's as sloppy as I am at painting. What's good for removing paint splashes from skirting boards, floorboards, tiles, and fabric?

We had a local jack-of-all-trades guy in to paint some rooms. He's as sloppy as I am at painting. What's good for removing paint splashes from skirting boards, floorboards, tiles, and fabric?

Warm soapy water and a dish scrubber for hard surfaces
A good long soak and into the washing machine for fabrics - then pick at the spots when the paint is wet from the washer

This is assuming emulsion wall paint

for everything bar the fabric, get a horizontal blade and scrape it off. For fabric you should be grand with a wet cloth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back