Home improvement (2 Viewers)

Is this just for plain old storage ?

Or does it have a remote security requirement - like a Knaack Box?

Is this just for plain old storage ?

Or does it have a remote security requirement - like a Knaack Box?

plain old storage. Just needs to be mouse/rat proof because the little pricks ate the primer bulbs on my chainsaws. Apparently they like chainsaw oil.

The ikea line has progressed since, there are two on adverts i'm asking about.

I have no kitchen. Spent a while trying to get a couple of cabinets off the wall last night. Failed. Figured there were some screws I was missing that were keeping them up and thought “leave it to the experts”.

Carpenter arrives this morning, literally puts his hand on top of one of them, and they come away from the wall immediately.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The ikea line has progressed since, there are two on adverts i'm asking about.

No response yet. I'm gonna wait out the weekend in case they are just busy or somethign and then move on with whatever the next idea is.

Meanwhile i there's a beehive in part of the house now. We kinda don't mind them really - as UTM said 'they are only trying to earn a living'.

I'm between contacting the local beekeeping group to deal with it, or going on a deep dive on how to become a beekeeper with wooden hive up the back somewhere. I wont do anything about this anytime soon though. Enough craic to be at.

No response yet. I'm gonna wait out the weekend in case they are just busy or somethign and then move on with whatever the next idea is.

Meanwhile i there's a beehive in part of the house now. We kinda don't mind them really - as UTM said 'they are only trying to earn a living'.

I'm between contacting the local beekeeping group to deal with it, or going on a deep dive on how to become a beekeeper with wooden hive up the back somewhere. I wont do anything about this anytime soon though. Enough craic to be at.

Hive them!

Hive them!

80% that's what i'd like to do but the dickehad mice ate my strimmer so i can clear a spot for them till i do a repair on that, which is holding up the woodcutting for next winter so there's a stack of DIY domino sequences that have to happen here to get me to a place where i can even put a hive out there somewhere. I Love real honey like, i'm just as you are well versed, 3-4 diy jobs before the one i want to do :)

80% that's what i'd like to do but the dickehad mice ate my strimmer so i can clear a spot for them till i do a repair on that, which is holding up the woodcutting for next winter so there's a stack of DIY domino sequences that have to happen here to get me to a place where i can even put a hive out there somewhere. I Love real honey like, i'm just as you are well versed, 3-4 diy jobs before the one i want to do :)

my mother had an absolutely huge nest in her rafters there last summer. twas a mansard/dormer type roof, so slates, joists, and wall/ceiling (i.e no attic)

local beekeepers tried to get them out humanely, ultimately they had to be manhandled out, take up slates, felt, the lot.

literally buckets full of honeycomb and honey came out of her roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back