Home improvement (4 Viewers)

All I know is it’s also a bathroom mirror.

I had wanted to rip out the gas boiler and all the existing radiators in a year or two and put those panels in everywhere instead but then we needed to replace the (25 year old) boiler at short notice so that plans been shelved for a while.

Edit. This one I think. I didn’t order it myself

watching this space....

You simply need to cut the existing cable and add the 3rd/4th party shareholder driven multinational company into your basic household needs fastening all terminal screws tightly and replacing the cover.
The only reason I got my Honeywell system was I had been put on a customer research panel with electric Ireland and they installed the whole system for free.

You simply need to cut the existing cable and add the 3rd/4th party shareholder driven multinational company into your basic household needs fastening all terminal screws tightly and replacing the cover.
That’s not Home Assistant + Zigbee works. All managed locally.

That’s not Home Assistant + Zigbee works. All managed locally.

If the internet, devices and batteries are involved then it's third party shareholder multinational company stuff. Those two elements, almost independent, the rest of the infrastructure, not really.

Well I think we can agree the problem is capitalism but a Zigbee device has zero interaction with the outside world.

Like the comparison i'm making is

electricty - > dumb switch that lasts a lifetime or two -> lightbulb that lasts a year

being downgraded to

electricty -> zibee device - zigbee physical interface (phone/pc) -> - sensors -> batteries -> 3rd party software *android etc) -> lightbulb that lasts a year

Saying the thing isn't connected outside it's own frequency band doesn't mean you aren't introducing a 3rd party device or 3 into the equation.

I'm not actually saying anything that isn't blindingly obvious - I'm saying you are adding multiple points of failure into something that actually is one of the few technologies that works really well for a really long time and has been tested for over 100 years.

You add in all these failure points and open yourself to these failuire points:
A: mr homeassistant ads the adverts / pay model in a few years (website already alluding to this)
B: mr homeassistant gets older and decides to sell the company, google or similar absorb it
C: battery in zigbees all die at the same time due to shelf life
D: Increased parts count in basic switching makes increased fail points
E: chrome/apple/android/windows taper off home assistant support to flog their own crap
F: AI brute force backdoor hacks zigbee frequency band and domestic ransomware becomes a new adventure for cybercrinimals

So like sound thing is not to say well done everyone for jumping on the smart home bandwagon, it's to point out how many 3rd party fail points you are hardwiring to your mains electricty. It comes across negative because it goes against money that's already been spent and i don't use smilies or diplomacy.

trying to figure out how to tidy this up - stripped the wallpaper years ago and found that the plasterboard on several corners in the house is just butt jointed up against some strips of timber. obviously they never planned for anything other than wallpaper.

PXL_20231118_170948886_small.jpg

trying to figure out how to tidy this up - stripped the wallpaper years ago and found that the plasterboard on several corners in the house is just butt jointed up against some strips of timber. obviously they never planned for anything other than wallpaper.

View attachment 17842

Is the timber slightly proud of the new plasterboard or the other way round?
Ie could you try to fill over the wood and grade it out?

View attachment 17842
Lots of this carry-on in our house. 90s builds seem to have been just thrown up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back