Home improvement (3 Viewers)

Shed/lockup no2 built. I reused some sheeting from a lockbox as the roofing/back - one of those ‘superficially simple’ ideas that became a nitemare. But multiple fuckups later it somehow is solid and looking ok. A minor pleasure is that I don’t have a piece of timber longer than 70cm left, only a few modest offcuts in general- sign of a well spec’d job :)
80F1EAD3-FE83-4166-86B1-39541591C4F7.jpeg

IMG_20230108_190114.jpg
IMG_20230305_170657.jpg

I was supposed to do something wayyyy less photogenic today but forgot a few vital tools so went back to cosmetics. This one is very intermittent, january and march.
I also forgot to bring some clothes and had to emergency go to easily detectable clothing shop.

First stage of the new studio build (which is also the cinema and spare bedroom and an office)

A little shelf for the projector. All straight out of a shop stuff, painting the place in a few weeks so left it natural till i know what i'm doing globally.

Attachments

• IMG_20230310_180446.jpg
    IMG_20230310_180446.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
If you want a laugh I must post the new shelf I built in the Airing Cupboard.
We had to get a new tank a couple of weeks back and they put in a massive one which left us with hardly any room for airing clothes. I improvised with the 3 bits of wood that were left after the plumbers rearranged the thing.
Hey, it works.

what's a good and free windows/online CAD app for doing floorplans? i have drawings with the measurements but no dwg or dxf or whatever file, so i'm looking for something idiot proof i can work with to get some approximation of a 3d view.

what's a good and free windows/online CAD app for doing floorplans? i have drawings with the measurements but no dwg or dxf or whatever file, so i'm looking for something idiot proof i can work with to get some approximation of a 3d view.

I don't know any CAD, all my room planning these days is top down with google draw. I dont do them to scale beyond writing the measurements in the text boxes.

Shed/lockup no2 built. I reused some sheeting from a lockbox as the roofing/back - one of those ‘superficially simple’ ideas that became a nitemare. But multiple fuckups later it somehow is solid and looking ok. A minor pleasure is that I don’t have a piece of timber longer than 70cm left, only a few modest offcuts in general- sign of a well spec’d job :)
View attachment 16754
nice work

is this wheelie bin sized?

was talking to someone last night whose friend a few years ago had just bought a big house out in the country, styling was somewhat OTT.
the woman who had just bought the house rang the lady i was talking to, in tears; she was in the large sitting room, with a huge rug and hardwood floors, and had rolled the rug back. under the rug the floor was chipboard.

was talking to someone last night whose friend a few years ago had just bought a big house out in the country, styling was somewhat OTT.
the woman who had just bought the house rang the lady i was talking to, in tears; she was in the large sitting room, with a huge rug and hardwood floors, and had rolled the rug back. under the rug the floor was chipboard.
It really floored her, wha'?

That's an easy enough fix though really

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back