Home improvement (2 Viewers)

I ordered more stuff than I needed for this as I plan to make a small lockbox/shed elsewhere - I’d say this all in was about 300-350.. probably closer to 350 really.

About 2 days work in total from start to finish
Exactly what I estimated!

I'm gonna be doing a small tool shed soon

Exactly what I estimated!

I'm gonna be doing a small tool shed soon

The Shiplap is relatively the luxury item. I was going to use 9” planks but my wife was against it!
Got a good deal as a punter from tj o Mahoney. As you’re in the tradez you might be able to get a better deal elsewhere

We're shed twins! I just made built something very similar, except I put a bi-fold door on (that I'm super proud of) and didn't go with shiplap. I just sided it out with planks, thinking there would be a bit of airflow between them. Anyway, there wasn't enough airflow and now my saddle is mouldy. :(

I ordered more stuff than I needed for this as I plan to make a small lockbox/shed elsewhere - I’d say this all in was about 300-350.. probably closer to 350 really.

About 2 days work in total from start to finish
It looks great - and the shiplap was definitely worth it

Is this getting doors?
Or how are you locking the bikes in there?

It's electric so no. just sprang a c-clip somewhere at some point and is derailing.

my petrol one crapped out months ago but I have grown to prefer the electric one to a point. The point is that it's the cheapest one in existence and over about 8 inches diameter it's out of it's depth. but below that it's much better tool than the petrol one.

Big 'mare at the moment with the heating.

The pressure kept dropping with the water in the pipes. In an hour it would drop from the required 1.5bar to 0 and I'd have to jump into the attic to put water in the system. Very bad.

Anyway it was overpressurized by accident and blew the valve the boiler, €280.

Then we kept losing pressure indicating a leak in the system somewhere. Plumber put some sealant stuff into the heating and fitted an automatic pressure gauge so at least we would't have to keep and eye on it, €380

Now the hot water is running with the sealant stuff in it indicating the leak was inside the water cylinder all along. New cylinder. Plumber is quoting me €1450 for that job. Now this guy is revealing himself to be a bit of an upseller. Plus he's starting to be a bit rude.

Fair play, the blown valve was genuine but the auto gauge now seems like BS and my bro says that quote is "on the high side".

Fucking trades.

Big 'mare at the moment with the heating.

The pressure kept dropping with the water in the pipes. In an hour it would drop from the required 1.5bar to 0 and I'd have to jump into the attic to put water in the system. Very bad.

Anyway it was overpressurized by accident and blew the valve the boiler, €280.

Then we kept losing pressure indicating a leak in the system somewhere. Plumber put some sealant stuff into the heating and fitted an automatic pressure gauge so at least we would't have to keep and eye on it, €380

Now the hot water is running with the sealant stuff in it indicating the leak was inside the water cylinder all along. New cylinder. Plumber is quoting me €1450 for that job. Now this guy is revealing himself to be a bit of an upseller. Plus he's starting to be a bit rude.

Fair play, the blown valve was genuine but the auto gauge now seems like BS and my bro says that quote is "on the high side".

Fucking trades.
Sorry, man

They all want the easy work

No one wants to do the brain power required on real problem solving
Good luck with it

It's electric so no. just sprang a c-clip somewhere at some point and is derailing.

my petrol one crapped out months ago but I have grown to prefer the electric one to a point. The point is that it's the cheapest one in existence and over about 8 inches diameter it's out of it's depth. but below that it's much better tool than the petrol one.
i know a few people who like the electric ones because you can use them inside, and without ear defenders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back