Home improvement (1 Viewer)

We discovered a damp wall in our house that we share with next door.
Knocked in to the neighbour yesterday and holy fuck they have a serious (lack of!) drainage problem at the back of the house which is baaad. It's being sucked up the walls and all.
And They have half the floors and walls taken back. He's getting a builder in next week to fix it. Which is a silver lining because I thought we had a leaky roof but it's waaaay more his problem than mine

Knocked in to the neighbour yesterday and holy fuck they have a serious (lack of!) drainage problem at the back of the house which is baaad. It's being sucked up the walls and all.
And They have half the floors and walls taken back. He's getting a builder in next week to fix it. Which is a silver lining because I thought we had a leaky roof but it's waaaay more his problem than mine

means youre depending on him to fix it thought!

The joy of working on something where a few mm does not matter
View attachment 16710

So jealous

What is your paver base there? i.e. what's under the pavers?
How you gonna do the cladding on the back (hedge) side of the shed?
Where did you get those cool post beam anchors? And how are they embedded?
You gonna let the hedge devour/cover it so it blends in?
How many tea breaks per work session?

So jealous

What is your paver base there? i.e. what's under the pavers?
How you gonna do the cladding on the back (hedge) side of the shed?
Where did you get those cool post beam anchors? And how are they embedded?
You gonna let the hedge devour/cover it so it blends in?
How many tea breaks per work session?

1. just some paving sand - its not going to get traffic, so not too worried about it being perfectly level etc.
2. effectively make a panel, with two runners just inside the back posts, which will be screwed onto the posts. The cladding wont run fully from top to bottom to allow a bit of venting - as it will be open fronted and I don't want the roof to blow off!..
3. B+Q - fence post receivers - have a 400mm spike that gets driven into the ground!
4. Thats the plan.
5. 1-2 tea breaks per morning or afternoon sessions..

1. just some paving sand - its not going to get traffic, so not too worried about it being perfectly level etc.
2. effectively make a panel, with two runners just inside the back posts, which will be screwed onto the posts. The cladding wont run fully from top to bottom to allow a bit of venting - as it will be open fronted and I don't want the roof to blow off!..
3. B+Q - fence post receivers - have a 400mm spike that gets driven into the ground!
4. Thats the plan.
5. 1-2 tea breaks per morning or afternoon sessions..
Man, you are ALL OVER this

Never heard of fence post receivers. I love shit like that though.

Good stuff, man.

yikes. hope they are getting insurance on that?

I know you are half way through and all but if you can paint bits before you assemble it'll be better protected and easier

I once asked a proper theatre set builder about that, and he got quite testy with me. I backed off.

Excellent mitres though.

I once asked a proper theatre set builder about that, and he got quite testy with me. I backed off.

Excellent mitres though.

In set building it only has to look good from one side though I suppose. I'd do it where i can. because the abovementioned shed (mine, not the more recent centrist thumped dad shed) is a not going to all that pretty kinda project i'm literally painting things and screwing them in while they still wet.

In set building it only has to look good from one side though I suppose. I'd do it where i can. because the abovementioned shed (mine, not the more recent centrist thumped dad shed) is a not going to all that pretty kinda project i'm literally painting things and screwing them in while they still wet.

It would be what I’d do here if time wasn’t a factor. But I’ve time off work today and tomorrow so am powering ahead

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back