Home improvement (3 Viewers)

Just seems like massive overkill for what's basically a bus lane

We can't get out of our own way

ah its a bit more than that.. they've created a cordoned off strip of new road all the way into town, moving walls, pipes, lampposts etc all the way.

probably making a meal of it to be fair.

wait until they do the next side

Just seems like massive overkill for what's basically a bus lane

We can't get out of our own way
The most annoying thing about it is that the works go all the way from Connolly to Clontarf - they've been allowed to completely take over 2km of road. Why the fuck couldn't they just do it like 2-300 metres at a time? Do this 300m bit, get it right, get it finished, move on to the next 300m bit. Instead of fucking the entire road up for a year and a half.

currently refinishing the table i got via twitter. the two side leaves were fine (first photo) but the middle section has some stains on it which i don't want to try to sand out. seems oxalic acid is the usual remedy, but i picked a bad weekend to reach the point where i need it.

PXL_20230307_182154964.jpg

you're down near Ballybough?
It's not too disruptive - I don't use the road all that much. And I can get to the recycling centre on North Strand easy enough.

It's the overkill of the thing in general that fascinates me. Like this better be some Minority Report roads we're getting at end of this.

Skipper had a notion the other day of just running a thin black water pipe along the deck, which is steel, and then, ?? and then, we'll have hottish water. For most of the year at least.

It's safe enough to be worth trying. Any thoughts appreciated.

Skipper had a notion the other day of just running a thin black water pipe along the deck, which is steel, and then, ?? and then, we'll have hottish water. For most of the year at least.

It's safe enough to be worth trying. Any thoughts appreciated.
As in a lot of thin pipe laid over the whole deck to absorb the sun’s heat? I’ve seen it suggested but not sure you’ll get most of the year out of it in terms of hot water.

anyone looking for a battery drill, this is a great price - i paid €150 a few years ago (and didn't get the torch) and it's still going strong.
the word on boards is that the shop staff might not know about the offer, so you ight have to show them their website to get the discount.

Three batteries on their own are more a hundred quid. The drill body only is about a hundred as well.

More plumbing woes - basically the lads that installed the heating system in our gaff used slip rather than compression fittings in the attic on the flow and return from the boiler. This is a plumbing no-no as they are prone to leak (which they have now).

Looking at getting 3 of them replaced now.

Given recent dealings with plumbers I’d be tempted to replace them myself - if I’d ever drained system before. Probably better to gami as I’ve not done much/any plumbing

As in a lot of thin pipe laid over the whole deck to absorb the sun’s heat? I’ve seen it suggested but not sure you’ll get most of the year out of it in terms of hot water.
Yeah, basically.

Not the whole deck, but somewhere optimal, we do get a lot of sun. I moved in in September, it was quite warm outside, a bit stifling inside. You probably could've fried an egg on the deck. I'd reckon it'd give us hottish water about eight months of the year. But I dunno. If feeding warm water into the boiler takes a bit of the workload off the boiler, that's surely a good thing?

Yeah, basically.

Not the whole deck, but somewhere optimal, we do get a lot of sun. I moved in in September, it was quite warm outside, a bit stifling inside. You probably could've fried an egg on the deck. I'd reckon it'd give us hottish water about eight months of the year. But I dunno. If feeding warm water into the boiler takes a bit of the workload off the boiler, that's surely a good thing?
You really gonna get the volume you want our of some pipes?
I mean a typical shower is somewhere north of 10 gallons

You really gonna get the volume you want our of some pipes?
I mean a typical shower is somewhere north of 10 gallons
As I said, he has notions from time to time. There is a boiler, and the kitchen has it's own heater for hot water, but that trips the whole gaff sometimes. And that is a 'mare to deal with. If we feed either or both with hottish water and store it, it'll probably save a few quid or something. Polar bears, etc.

Personally I'd rather install the solar panels that are already here, but doing nothing.

in a rather remarkable stroke of luck, while i was painting the shed door yesterday, i absent mindedly ran the key back and forth in the mortice deadlock in the door - and the deadbolt extended and then only retracted halfway.
if that had happened *after* i had closed the door, i don't know what would be involved in opening it. just weird that it failed with the door open, it's not as if i have a habit of doing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back