HMV's fucked (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 343
  • Views 32K
  • Watchers 7
bleak so.

still nothing being down with the old waterstones building on dawson street? it was a great space.

I popped into Tower over Christmas and the place has gotten really dingy. Window display had cheaply printed posters, couldn't find the 'Irish' (local bands), magazine racks in awful order. They need to dial in the assistance of a Mary 'Queen of Shops'. If your product is nicely organised/faced off, I'm more likely to buy it.

i queried with a staff member in tower where the irish independent releases were (some irish releases are integrated in the main) but with the independent.

they were moved to a shelf underneath one of the racks for the christmas sales period for "more popular stuff".

Clothes shops, restaurants, pubs, fast food, most other stuff is gonna fall by the wayside.

The fact that our wee stores have outlasted several big book chains is bizarre to me but here we are still (just about). :(

In a statement this morning, the agency said it has established that HMV in the Republic of Ireland is a separate corporate entity to the UK operation and is not currently under administration or examinership.

Calling on HMV (Ireland) Ltd to honour its contracts with consumers and accept all gift vouchers with immediate effect, the NCA questioned the basis upon which gift vouchers and cards were not honoured yesterday.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0116/breaking16.html

Pop-up department stores, Ye Olde Sweet Shoppes, Burrito/Milkshake/Bubble tea places.

ah the burrito craze will go the way of bagels soon enough once the hipsters discover that queing in the rain outside boojum isnt actually worth it/knackers start eating them.
expect horsemeat and couscous to be the wave of the future - you read it here first.

ah the burrito craze will go the way of bagels soon enough once the hipsters discover that queing in the rain outside boojum isnt actually worth it/knackers start eating them.
expect horsemeat and couscous to be the wave of the future - you read it here first.

I took my boss to eat there last week at lunch, as we were in the Morrison that afternoon assessing part of it for it's current refit we were wearing hi-vis and carrying hard hats, I'm sure the usual clientele were appalled.

I never got the appeal of Burritos and why people like them so much. Everything all mixed up higgy piggeldy in a big ould flour tortilla - they are just a hairs breath better than a breakfast roll as far as I'm concerned.

Tacos - now that's the future.

I popped into Tower over Christmas and the place has gotten really dingy. Window display had cheaply printed posters, couldn't find the 'Irish' (local bands), magazine racks in awful order. They need to dial in the assistance of a Mary 'Queen of Shops'. If your product is nicely organised/faced off, I'm more likely to buy it.

Huh, I love Tower. Great location, nice staff, regular in-stores. Layout makes sense, new releases at the front, records for the anoraks down the back, DVDs upstairs. The cafe is great. And isn't the Irish Independent section bang in the middle of the ground floor. The window usually looks great and I'd have no complaints if some of the posters are cheaply printed, especially as they're often my posters!

And there's no way they won't benefit even a little bit if the HMVs on Grafton and Henry St go. I know they're struggling but if that shop were to close it'd be a major blow to Dublin, for me anyways.

Tacos - now that's the future.

Best Tacos in Dublin are Sburrito (this is the new name for Taco Taco, they changed name & location in the Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey Street, they've also a new place on North Earl Street).
Bad Taco experience in Tuzo Mexican Kitchen on Dawson Street. I made the mistake of getting that fried onion/sweet pepper mix when I tried them, of course, a bad idea. Arse fell right out of them. They shouldn't have offered me them & I shouldn't have accepted. Sburrito on the other hand put a layer of refried beans on their soft tacos to prevent any disintegration.

Best Tacos in Dublin are Sburrito (this is the new name for Taco Taco, they changed name & location in the Epicurean Food Hall on Abbey Street, they've also a new place on North Earl Street).

Woah, what the hell!? I thought Taco Taco was dead. So glad to hear they're still going :) Went in a while back to get my regular burrito from them and they were gone. There was a new burrito place opposite but it was kinda similar to boojum in that it had a load of different options. I just left. What I loved about Taco Taco was the simplicity of it. I want a burrito, I ask for a burrito. I don't wanna sit there for half an hour working out what filling, sauces etc I want. Just give me a regular burrito please, thanks.

Woah, what the hell!? I thought Taco Taco was dead. So glad to hear they're still going :) Went in a while back to get my regular burrito from them and they were gone. There was a new burrito place opposite but it was kinda similar to boojum in that it had a load of different options. I just left. What I loved about Taco Taco was the simplicity of it. I want a burrito, I ask for a burrito. I don't wanna sit there for half an hour working out what filling, sauces etc I want. Just give me a regular burrito please, thanks.

their veggie nachos haven't changed, and that's the important thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back