Hillary Announces US Presidential Candidacy (1 Viewer)

So when does the shit slinging begin?!

i think you'll find its mixed in with the countless tons of mud where new orleans used to be. the black vote is ready to mobilise this time methinks and billy boy sure can whip up a storm when he enters a room not to mention some decent saxplay

groucho_stocking.jpg

i bet jack bauer is wetting his jockies in anticipation

Lets wait to see if Al Gore has slimmed down to accept his oscar - that will tell a lot

Al Gore with Obama as running mate might be the best option for the democrats. Your'e combining experience (fucks sake, the guy has won the presidency already ...... so he can clearly do it again .. and he has gained in stature enormously over the intervening years .. and he's got the military background) with the fresh air/excitement of Obama. You're not trying to get a "first" (woman or black candidate for president) and you're avoiding the polarising effect of Hilary. I think it'd be a shoe-in.

And for those who think that it makes no difference whether Republicans or Democrats are in the White House I would just say: if Gore had taken office in 2000 instead of Bush there would have been no Iraq war and no resultant 600,000 people dead.

Al Gore with Obama as running mate might be the best option for the democrats. Your'e combining experience (fucks sake, the guy has won the presidency already ...... so he can clearly do it again .. and he has gained in stature enormously over the intervening years .. and he's got the military background) with the fresh air/excitement of Obama. You're not trying to get a "first" (woman or black candidate for president) and you're avoiding the polarising effect of Hilary. I think it'd be a shoe-in.

And for those who think that it makes no difference whether Republicans or Democrats are in the White House I would just say: if Gore had taken office in 2000 instead of Bush there would have been no Iraq war and no resultant 600,000 people dead.

Yip, what he said

I reckon Obama with Gore or Bill Richardson as a running mate. Then the world will be at peace. Or, at least, we'll feel nice for 100 days.

How about Super President?
supres2.jpg
supres5.jpg

Obama hasn't a hope of a shot at president this time. Way too inexperienced. If I was a betting man I'd bet Gore and him as VP.

Hillary is already kicking him in the pools and the novelty will wear off as soon as the hard campaiging sets in. He will be the Edwards of this election.

Inexperienced and ignorant re not the same thing - but yeah point taken.

Different standards to judge republican candidates I guess. Also the spiel at the time was he would have the experience of his old lad and his old lads cabinet available to him.

Funny how Americans see Obama as being inexperienced yet they elected a man who bombed countries that he couldn't have pointed to on a map before 9/11

I think the experience won't matter at all in this election. The Democrats are divided over Clinton and the Republicans didn't like her husband. Everyone hates Bush. Giuliani and McCain can't really garner significant support off conservative Republicans. There isn't really a plausible conservative Republican candidate. It's very unlikely Gore will run.
Obama is the only one that doesn't have any dirt on him. There's only this one dodgy property deal he did in 2005, which is really picking at straws.

I mean they voted Bush in twice and they voted Clinton in twice. It's clear that Americans hate Bush and are tired of his regime. Republicans were really sick of Clinton by 2000.

It's not that idealistic or far-fetched to suggest that Obama is a genuine contender. He's clever to have announced his campaign now because it gives him plenty of time to build up his public profile - and, frankly, that's all that matters.

And he definitely has appeal to all and sundry. His colour means nothing. I mean we go on about the hicks being racist, but those very same hicks think Michael Jordan is the best thing since sliced bread and look to Oprah for advice etc.

He's more charismatic than Clinton (both Bill and Hilary) and he's not thick. I know it's a silly analogy, but it's a bit like seeing Tiger Woods play in the 1997 Masters. He's far and away the best contender out of the front runners.

Brave words, especiallywhere Bill is concerned.
He is though. He is astonishingly dead on. Like, I trust him. Actual trust. I think he even tells the truth most, if not all, of the time.
He would just wrong foot the living fuck out of the rest of the world if he became President. He is more charismatic than JFK, he is that good.

Basically I fancy him.

He is still not going to win. But, you know... I suppose, the fact that he is even thinking about running gives me hope for the US.

To be honest Al Gore seems to have had more success in promoting environmental issues since he got out of policitcs than he ever did during his political career. He has become a failry identifiable spokesman for environmental issues (something which has been missing up to now) and it may be best for him to stay out of it. Although he could be a good secretary of state for the environment?

The other strength Gore has even outside of being an elected official is that his political experience will always help him, in that he knows the system from the inside, so he has a very real understanding of how it works, and he can find inroads that other campaigners cannot.

The other strength Gore has even outside of being an elected official is that his political experience will always help him, in that he knows the system from the inside, so he has a very real understanding of how it works, and he can find inroads that other campaigners cannot.

Thing is though ... the Republicans could do a pretty good job of demonising Gore as an environmental nut-job.

"This guy wants to take away your car and make you cycle a bike to work!!!"

"This guy wants to shut down the factory you work in!!!"

etc etc

Thing is though ... the Republicans could do a pretty good job of demonising Gore as an environmental nut-job.

"This guy wants to take away your car and make you cycle a bike to work!!!"

"This guy wants to shut down the factory you work in!!!"

etc etc

Nah. They won't do that. They've just signed an international environmental pact and even George Bush is admitting that Global Warming is brought on by man-made fumes etc.
I don't think it's going to be something that only one side picks up on. It'll be a common problem, like terrorism, that both sides will have to provide a solution to.

Nah. They won't do that. They've just signed an international environmental pact and even George Bush is admitting that Global Warming is brought on by man-made fumes etc.
I don't think it's going to be something that only one side picks up on. It'll be a common problem, like terrorism, that both sides will have to provide a solution to.

I think,,, in fairness, all Bush said was the increasing temperatures in the US may be partly to do with humans. But... more scientific research is needed before any CO2 restrictions are put in place. That is a pretty big turn around though. Up till that statement they tried quite hard to fuck up anyone that talked about global warming.

Bush, and the US public in general, dont really give a shit about global warming. It's still all about money.
Honestly I would be pretty amazed if either side picks it up as a real issue.

Edit... like, they will talk a load of bollocks about it in the campaign. But, that will be it, talk.

Seriously. No one here really gives a shit, other than talking about it.

Edit 2 : like... they dont actually do anything about terrorism either. They just talk shite there too, and use it to cover up them being utter cunts, and blowing things up.

So..Gore won the Oscar wigh is a nice kick in the hole for Bush...however, seeing his acceptance where he made a joke about announcing his candidacy..looks like he hasn't a notion of running. What do you all think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back