Herbal Teas (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

I'm off the Coffee and I don't drink regular tea. Some kind of hot drink would be nice, as long as there's no caffeine.

Any Recommendations?

twinings_raspberry_strawberry_loganberry_tea.JPG

beautiful,im not a big fan of normal tea and cant drink coffee late at night unfortunately so this does nicely.

i hate the fruity ones. peppermint is nice, and theres a chamomile and spiced apple one thats nice too. i drink loads of these when off the coffee. thinking of quitting it again myself.

i love green tea, but you'll have to get the specifically decaf version of it, it has caffeine. of all the hippy teas its the only one i like.

You should check out the joy of cha in temple bar.
There's lots of herbal teas that you wont get in a supermarket and they'll make you a bag of what ever one you want, so you can have it at home too.
The Bad weather tea is lovely.

Nettle, ginger, spiced apple, blackcurrant, vanilla and/or combinations of them are all good in my book. Also Camomile especially if you get the actual dried flowers and stick them in a pot. Also hot Ribena or other blackcurrant cordial is amazing.

In saying all that I'm too lazy to make hot drinks other than my expresso in the morning.

theres a place on berekeley st, of all places, called The Organic Flower Power Tea Rooms where you can sit and sip a nice pot of all sorts of tea. its a bit of an ordeal trying to decide which sort of tea to have as there are so many to choose from and you will have to sniff dozens of glass jar lids. the decor is also a little questionable but overall the place is pleasantly curious. its the kinda place squares with bohemian inclinations might go.

Trio_2.jpg

Trio_4.jpg

rooibos tea is the one i drink most, it's only nice on its own though - when there's vanilla or lemon or anything else added to it it tastes shit.
ginger, jasmine & peppermint are good too

these guys do lots if really nice teas as well, the pleasure and three gingers ones are savage, you can get them in pretty much every health food shop in dublin.
http://www.pukkaherbs.com/file/4ab81aeddaa96c4978e904447ad307f6/herbal-teas.html

the sweet chili tea and egyptian licorice are good, all the other ones i've tried were a bit weak, available in health food shops too
http://shop.yogiproducts.com/Herbal-Tea/c/Yogi@HerbalTea

there's a stall selling tea in the georges arcade that does a nice green tea with blueberry & strawberry. there's a shop in the powerscourt townhouse with a huge range of teas but i've never managed to go in and try any of them so no recommendations...
oh, avoid that tea shop across the road from cornucopia on wicklow street, it's really overpriced.

just counted and i've 29 different types of tea in the kitchen, is that a record? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back