Hellworld Thread (2 Viewers)

fyi - there's no evidence of *them* baking babies in an oven

was thinking yesterday about how the israeli side are running out of rhetorical options, probably faster than they thought they would. It was mostly related to the stunt they pulled at the UN with putting on yellow star badges — but the bullshit stories about babies in ovens is a similar case.

they all seem like slightly desperate moves by a power structure that has no good next steps. they’ve basically already reached close to the top of the escalation ladder when it comes to instrumentalising past jewish suffering (whether that be the holocaust, or baby-baking tropes from nineteenth-century pogroms).

they can’t cry-bully any further up. unless they would actually stage a press conference at auschwitz or something. so, effectively, they are running out of possible next steps.

was thinking yesterday about how the israeli side are running out of rhetorical options, probably faster than they thought they would. It was mostly related to the stunt they pulled at the UN with putting on yellow star badges — but the bullshit stories about babies in ovens is a similar case.

they all seem like slightly desperate moves by a power structure that has no good next steps. they’ve basically already reached close to the top of the escalation ladder when it comes to instrumentalising past jewish suffering (whether that be the holocaust, or baby-baking tropes from nineteenth-century pogroms).

they can’t cry-bully any further up. unless they would actually stage a press conference at auschwitz or something. so, effectively, they are running out of possible next steps.
Yeah, the further away those 7/10 attacks get, and the less evidence of decapitated/baked babies Israel produces and the constant barrage of images of dead Palestinians means Israel are running out of rope and public opinion is turning against them.

Yeah, the further away those 7/10 attacks get, and the less evidence of decapitated/baked babies Israel produces and the constant barrage of images of dead Palestinians means Israel are running out of rope and public opinion is turning against them.

I do find the beheaded babies things strange from both sides - as if simply hamas gunning down and burning alive children and families in their homes (which neither side deny) wasn’t enough of an atrocity

It says something of the sheer brutality of the last 3-4 weeks that Isreal is losing the atrocity top trumps.

Last edited:
all the doomscrolling I’ve done in the last few weeks has had at least one moment of absurd lightness, which is this photo of lebanese militia members in beirut in 1982

hamas is clearly tragically losing the sexiness wars

beirut.jpg

I see lots of people on Twitter are"just discovering" that Ireland is a nest of anti-Semitism. They are using anecdotes to prove it!

Until Corbyn and all that shite I hadn't really heard of people claiming Ireland is an antisemitic country. Then suddenly I heard a lot of it. Is it a recent thing?

A lot of it is I think down to even our centre right parties and the public in general being at least sympathethic to Palestine. Not to say that Ireland is immune to anti-semitism just like it exists or has existed pretty much everywhere. Significant historic instances; there was a pogrom in Limerick, Oliver Flanagan's political career wasn't harmed much for saying that we should rout out the jews like the Germans did, we didn't take many if any refugees during the war.

A lot of it is I think down to even our centre right parties and the public in general being at least sympathethic to Palestine. Not to say that Ireland is immune to anti-semitism just like it exists or has existed pretty much everywhere. Significant historic instances; there was a pogrom in Limerick, Oliver Flanagan's political career wasn't harmed much for saying that we should rout out the jews like the Germans did, we didn't take many if any refugees during the war.
compared to the rest of Europe in those days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back