Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

Commenting in the Dáil, Taoiseach Leo Varadkar said under Irish employment law it was “not okay to dismiss somebody because of their political views”
Hopefully it'll be demonstrated to Wix that they need to obey local laws

what I found interesting (if not suprising) was the instruction to continue posting stuff about Oct 7th as news/images of dead kids etc. in Gaza was coming out.
Given that this is what the IDF have been doing, it suggests WIX may be taking instructions, or guidance from elsewhere?
(in this case atrocity propaganda does not negate the fact that actual atrocities took/are taking place on both sides)

I think Wix is an Israeli company, and in fairness if you're Israeli you're very likely to be focused on the awful shit that's happening to the people you know and love. How would you not be?

Absolutely. I’ve no connections to Israel beyond some work ones, and I can’t get what happened(or is happening) out of my head

- but advising/instructing your international employees to engage in pro Israeli information is different, and sinister. what’s listed below(if genuine) is a comms strategy - not merely asking for solidarity

“The post advised employees to avoid focusing on numbers when discussing attacks on Israelis, as “the number of deaths and bombings in Gaza will be significantly higher”.

Employees were told that Israel’s bombing of Gaza was resulting in “difficult pictures” of injured Gazans circulating.

“This is the time to share difficult personal stories from the terrible [Hamas] massacre. It creates a feeling that it is happening at the same time,” the internal post said.”

Saw Andrew Neil and other pro Israel commentators throwing around the phrase 'Hamas Holocaust' earlier. I thought that using that word was off limits and antisemitic when speaking about other genocides as it diminishes the memory of the Holocaust victims. I suppose that depends who you are and what your influence in British media is.

Saw Andrew Neil and other pro Israel commentators throwing around the phrase 'Hamas Holocaust' earlier. I thought that using that word was off limits and antisemitic when speaking about other genocides as it diminishes the memory of the Holocaust victims. I suppose that depends who you are and what your influence in British media is.
good, balanced article on this...
it's not surprising that ordinary Israelis reach for words like 'holocaust' and 'pogrom' when they see the brutality of what happened on Oct 7th - but the comparison is being used politically.

certainly feels disingenuous when slug nonces like Andrew Neil are using it in that way in Daily Mail articles.

i've also seen claims the that Guardian article itself is antisemitic.

what a mess :(

I'll be honest - I'm having a hard time making sense of everything thats going on here, either logically emotionally
I think we're seeing everything that worst about humans and the internet turned up to 11 for the past 2-3weeks.

Longstanding MP Gerald Kaufman (1930 - 2017) was initially an enthusiastic supporter of Israel (Not unusual - Noam Chomsky and his young family lived on a kibbutz in the 1950's).
Kaufman later became one of Westminster's biggest critics of Israel.
On his grandmother's murder in the Holocaust Kaufman said:
"My grandmother did not die to provide cover for Israeli soldiers murdering Palestinian grandmothers in Gaza".

Realistically, is there anything that people in Ireland can do to help people in Gaza? I’ve donated money a few times over the years and more in the last few weeks but aid isn’t getting through so I don’t know how useful that would be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back