Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

Been kinda funny on my Instagram stories seeing people position themselves on this new war
And teh memes are all the same formula. You have to appear high-minded and moral, lay out some cherry-picked facts, all the while implying anyone who disagrees with you is a hate-filled idiot

But I guess that's the internet writ large

That desperate CNN interview with the dad who was glad his 8 year old daughter had been confirmed dead, rather than subjected to unimaginable torture and captivity is devastating, will stay with me for a long time.

Been kinda funny on my Instagram stories seeing people position themselves on this new war
And teh memes are all the same formula. You have to appear high-minded and moral, lay out some cherry-picked facts, all the while implying anyone who disagrees with you is a hate-filled idiot

But I guess that's the internet writ large

You are not looking at it geopolitically though.
It's more about what happened in the first half of the century than anything.
Only a hate filled Idiot would say that.

Sorry I'm just trying to use the formula for a post.

_131408253_whatsappconvo2.png.webp

You are not looking at it geopolitically though.
It's more about what happened in the first half of the century than anything.
Only a hate filled Idiot would say that.

Sorry I'm just trying to use the formula for a post.
Everyone in my circle has this absolute moral certainty on eerything, which they think is moral clarity
And it's not
No one fucking admits to being confused or uncertain
And there's also this condescending "it's okay to be confused about this very nuanced issue" followed by this is how to think

Now that said, if a bunch of UVF shooters did even 1% of what Hamas did last week, I know how I'd feel about it to a moral certainty.
So I get that part

But it's this need to go on social media like you have all the answers and there are no others, it's very striking to me
Just say fuck all

_131408253_whatsappconvo2.png.webp

Just watching them on the telly

"My beautiful daughter. I have got her back. She is a child of peace. She believes only in peace, and she don't understand why they killed small children, why they burned small children in the kibbutz."

I ask Neta how she thinks the Israeli government should respond to the massacre of her community and the other atrocities.
At this point, her fluctuating distress turns to deep anger.
"You want the truth? I don't want the Hamas any more in my life. We need to destroy them one by one. We need to be strong."
So what exactly should the army do?
"The army needs to be inside Gaza," Neta says. "They need to kill one terrorist after one terrorist after one terrorist. I want peace with all my heart, but I think it's not going to be peace."
She takes a breath.
"I'm sorry I say that - but I just was in my house. And they shot me in my bed."
I ask a final question: does she think of the civilians in Gaza who will inevitably be killed in such an intense ground operation?
"All that I say is for the jihadis and Hamas. My country doesn't want to hurt civilians. I don't want to hurt civilians. I want them to be saved. I don't think they need to die. Like I don't need to die. They are like me.
"But we need to fight."

That desperate CNN interview with the dad who was glad his 8 year old daughter had been confirmed dead, rather than subjected to unimaginable torture and captivity is devastating, will stay with me for a long time.
I saw his comments, did not see the interview. But it struck me that what he expected his daughter's experience in gaza would have been, is probably the experience of all kids in gaza right now.

arab journalist (woman, unveiled) grilling hamas dude on al arabiya... very interesting to get a glimpse at this kind of thing

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

GAA man Joe Brolly sharing distressing videos of dead Palestinian kids on xhitter.

I'm not able for that shit

Hook, line and sinker

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is one demented Twitter feed.
"EITHER YOU STAND WITH ISRAEL OR YOU STAND WITH TERRORISM".

To state the blindingly obvious:
If Netanyahu had not continually broke international law and committed war crimes then HAMAS would not be in power in the first place.
What is happening now is a disaster for everyone and will not make Israel safer, especially in the long term.
Vengeance ain't going to solve anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back