Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

Well Zelensky knows who pays his bills anywhoooo.

Without needing to go into it to far, is everyone else having a read of social media and thinking something like 'this is somewhat, if not wildly polarized'?

Do you mean the formal political responses are polarised, or ordinary gobshites on social media are polarised (not that the two categories are mutually exclusive)?

think most people weren't ready for videos of young women's broken bodies being desecrated in the back of trucks or being carried off on motorbikes while their boyfriends are led off to be executed. man that shit was rough. not surprised people are polarised.

Some pretty polarised stuff from the politicos as well in places. Eu have suspended aid to p.a in response

Yeah I saw that. The dominoes are in terrible places right now, should they fall.

EU financially and militarily tied to USA to stem Russian fuckery.
USA tied to Isreal because USA needs* middle eastern stronghold and because Jesus is returning.
The conflicts are interlinked via the medium of american war munitions and fallint off that client list would be bit of a landslide moment. It aint pretty.

think most people weren't ready for videos of young women's broken bodies being desecrated in the back of trucks or being carried off on motorbikes while their boyfriends are led off to be executed. man that shit was rough. not surprised people are polarised.
All true

And it all feeds a vicious cycle

I'm kinda not down with the polarisation though.
Which murderous gang should one feel most affinity with?
Hamas are religious fanatics, and Israel is run by more or less the same ilk.

Hard to see how Israel keeps a lid on this forever, or do they secretly accept it as the cost of running a country while keeping their boot on the neck of another one?

Yeah the broader context is hard to grasp when faced with that sort of thing to be fair,

Just as well they didn’t have mobiles in shatila..

Two interesting pieces of info i've seen today.

The psytrance festival had it's location moved there at the last minute.

The trucks in all the horrible videos we've seen have IDF number plates.

succint summary by neil gaiman:
"I think it's a catastrophe that's a lot like most 21st century catastrophes, in that the problems are decades old and cannot be fixed by people hoping they will go away while doing things to make them worse."

The trucks in all the horrible videos we've seen have IDF number plates.
Were they all taken from the checkpoints and bases that got overrun?

The thing that amazes me is the intelligence failure. I thought Hamas would have been riddled with informants, the Israelis have a strong rep on this sort of thing.
Something this size and not a dicky bird from anyone.

Some lad in teh comment section at the NYT

No idea why he's mentioning Hideki
But he's not wrong
You could definitely stick Netanyahu in there.

Recall, trump, toujou hideki, and other autocratic leaders stay in power and keep their supporters via a simple message of fear, hate, anger, grief, and combative talk points. Listen to me, there is your source of grief, your past choices are not to blame at all, you are right, I will defend you. Sweet words of poison always wins. The more misery there is people tend to support them, because they offer an easy answer. History is rewritten, and people will turn a blind eye because it is less painful than facing facts. Real courage is required to look into the eyes of such leaders, facing the majority agreeing with them, and say “no, I want a different end, i am tired of history repeating itself, so let us all try really to do something, anything, that is different than before” knowing full well the majority will tear them apart.Reality is never easy, but people prefer simplicity. That is why you have arabs ignoring past losses and Israelis ignoring murders, land grabs, and assassinations. Both justifying each other in a spiral that will never end, to the benefit of their leaders and the people who feed off of the misery.

Were they all taken from the checkpoints and bases that got overrun?

The thing that amazes me is the intelligence failure. I thought Hamas would have been riddled with informants, the Israelis have a strong rep on this sort of thing.
Something this size and not a dicky bird from anyone.
Agree - but I find it hard to fully swallow the ‘false flag’ notion. It’s not like the Israelis ever needed much justification to escalate. They hammered Gaza a few years back over a few hostages.

Could be a case of intelligence not acted on, rather than not obtained. Like the original flavour yon kipper war iirc

1-iran-hostage-crisis-1981-don-koralewski.jpg

1678386608449765-2.png

In fairness hostage taking is classic Iran

Don't want to be mean about people who are possibly truamatised by seeing really upsetting footage but (I'm about to be) there is zero fucking need for anyone to watch that shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back