Hellworld Thread (3 Viewers)

1696171316796.png

2015 per capita... (on 2015 population figures) - not an exact science here...

china 2015 1.38 billion people - 9.47 Tonnes Co2e per person
United states - 320.7 million people - 20.1 Tonnes Co2e per person
Europe - 742.1 Million people - 6.06 Tonnes Co2e per person.

CSO: Ireland had the third highest emissions of greenhouse gases per capita in the EU in 2015 at 13.2 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent per capita.

ireland was twice the european average at that time.

So from what's visible at this point.

Isreal who've been fucking up Gaza in a load of brutal ways for decades were having a 'peace' festival litertally at the border of palestine.
Militants from palestine launched an attack on this festival and the general region in a somewhat stylistically departed way than usual.
Somehow Isreals billlions of dollars of survellance managed to not see it coming.
Isreal have now fully declared war (it's kinda news to me that they hadn't years ago) and are all out attacking Palestine, or at least more than usual.
Anyone alighned with america is condemning it, including the tanaiste though i would say he kinda said what a guy with a big american gun to his head would say to get them off his back.

Internet reactions on a spectrum of calling both sides monsters, distrubing images propogating with a sub text of possible misinformation.

Anywhoo that's kinda what I've seen so far.
I don't think the Hamas attack totally adds up but I've never been there.

Palestinian ambassador to the UK also talking good sense on bbc and sky news. Feels weird seeing intelligent, constructive, conversation about the situation over there.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This seems to have been a major intel failure on Israel's part. Part of what makes them so secure in their dickery towards Palestinians has to be in part the sense that they know what's going on there so they can be prepared for anything that comes at them.

For some it might make them reassess their approach to things and reconsider the imposition of conditions that foment the kind of resentment against them. But I assume Bibi and co will use it as an excuse to go even harder on what they're doing already.

Social Media has been especially shit the last couple of days; I know this is probably a tired centrist take, but you don't have to be supportive of the specific actions that Hamas have taken this week to understand why something like them might take place., it's not victim blaming to say that the policies of the Israeli government act as a recruitment tool for people who want to violently oppose it.

was pretty crazy reading about how much friendly-fire incidents there seems to have been among israeli forces — the whole country is profoundly freaked out like they haven’t been in half a century, and that’s seemingly making everyone very trigger-happy

The goals I can see for Hamas in this are:

-embarrass/scare Israel - possibly draw them into a bloody and messy conflict in Gaza itself
-make fatah/PA look increasingly irrelevant
-As Israel will probably ultimately bomb the shit out of Gaza derail the attempts to normalize relations between Israel and other arab states

not good for anyone in Gaza needless to say..

300,000 reservists - that’s bigger than most armies!

''He said the IDF military response had two primary objectives. “At the end of this war, Hamas will no longer have any military capabilities to threaten Israeli civilians … [and] Hamas will not be able to govern the Gaza Strip.” ''

we'll see how that goes for them.

was pretty crazy reading about how much friendly-fire incidents there seems to have been among israeli forces — the whole country is profoundly freaked out like they haven’t been in half a century, and that’s seemingly making everyone very trigger-happy

On a purely etymological basis friendly fire is a badly applied piece of language.

Well Zelensky knows who pays his bills anywhoooo.

Without needing to go into it to far, is everyone else having a read of social media and thinking something like 'this is somewhat, if not wildly polarized'?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back