Hellworld Thread (1 Viewer)

Ah, an arms race. This always ends well!

it's all very well giving them guns, but unless you say what they're allowed shoot people for it's not going to solve much.
I'd suggest playing music out of your iphone speaker outside earns you a clipping. (Pass-through bullet, any limb.)
Summary executions should be reserved for more serious offenses like scooping up your dogshit into a bag and putting it to one side so you can "pick it up on the way back", and so on.

I haven't been around central Dublin much since they started doing direct coaches from the airport to my parents gaff.
Is it really that bad? Like, 90's bad?

Armed guards aren't going to do much imo. I've said this before and it's an unpopular opinion, but mounted police are useful. If you're dealing, and you hear that clippity clop, you'll move on. You might come back later, but it deters dealing, no one gets hurt, no one has their lives ruined or ended.

I haven't been around central Dublin much since they started doing direct coaches from the airport to my parents gaff.

Armed guards aren't going to do much imo. I've said this before and it's an unpopular opinion, but mounted police are useful. If you're dealing, and you hear that clippity clop, you'll move on. You might come back later, but it deters dealing, no one gets hurt, no one has their lives ruined or ended.
I worked in the inner city in the late 90s / 00s, and I've kinda strolled around the place a couple of times since I came back. To me it feels more dodgy now, but it's likely my perspective / familiarity / sense of normal has changed too. (Like I'm old and shitty now, and not working every day in the inner city so of course things seem different I guess.)
What I'd be more confident about saying is it's more dodgy feeling than pretty much any city I've been to. So, worse than South American cities, US cities, any of the Euro guys.

No but now the local teenagers have attacked some tourists so it’s CODE RED!

What I'd be more confident about saying is it's more dodgy feeling than pretty much any city I've been to. So, worse than South American cities, US cities, any of the Euro guys.
Hard disagree. Maybe bad by some European city standards but the US is a different kettle of fish. San Diego in November was absolutely terrifying, even at lunchtime. Boston was grand but the sheer amount of squad cars and ambulances belting about the place did not make it feel like it was under control.

Listen, you’ve a whole section of society, who cant get their foot on the ladder, living off hand outs, getting legless, and it’s hardly surprising if they stick the boot in here or there.
So the guards, who have been chancing their arm, going out on a limb, without a leg to stand on, are finally getting arms?

Listen, you’ve a whole section of society, who cant get their foot on the ladder, living off hand outs, getting legless, and it’s hardly surprising if they stick the boot in here or there.

This probably accounts for about 99% of Dublin city centre crime right now.
Vast inequality that only gets worse = more people that will do anything to try and get through the day.

If you read the neurosurgeon's reaction in an Australian accent this becomes funnier

“Oh my god, you wouldn’t believe what I just found in this lady’s brain – and it’s alive and wriggling.”

steve irwin snakes GIF by Bustle

We're here to watch the nascent scifi futuristic dystopia

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back