Headline band not providing backline (2 Viewers)

mmmm what kind of music? mmm

www.butterflyexplosion.com

"alternative, instrument driven, atmospheric" - (I just asked nonemoreblack and that's the description he gave)

Other bands not confirmed yet.
i would suggest your manager see about getting you on a bill at Mod Club, Lee's Palace or The Horseshoe...even more ambitious would be opening slots at the Opera House, Massey Hall, KoolHaus or the Phoenix...just get her to see what other similiar bands are in town the nights you are and see if you can hop along (may be stating the obvious).

digging your sound by the way. be sure to let me know where you're playing, i wouldn't mind coming out!

takes one to know one, rent boy! ;)
renton.png

Still don't get it.

The scissor sisters was the name given by the media to [SIZE=-1]Linda and Charlotte Mulhall ,[/SIZE]after they killed and decapitated their mothers boyfriend.

Charlie Bucket is refferring to the time Katherine, the older one, famously lent her bass head to the guy from In Tua Nua and when she eventually got it back it was destroyed.

i find having 3 backlines for a 3 band gig is a pain in the ass for everyone support bands having to provide the headliners with the backline is 100% not on.

support bands need to get support !bing basically unfare to make them shell out when the gear is in place and not fare on the punters waiting for bands to changeover .|..| headliners started as supoport & they shud be more helpful:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hey, is now a bad time to mention that we need to get the backline sorted for the 12 band HOOT Night on the 26th?

This has been a really interesting thread and I've been reading it from the perspective of both organizer/promoter and " musician ." (I couldn't get the quotes any looser.)

Dudley's thing about bands brining their own gear to gigs in the states in true, but I don't think it could work here in the present greed-based hostile-to-artists corporate environment we're operating in here in Dublin. I say Dublin because I have very little experience with gigs outside the metropolis.

Regarding Gary's question about who pays for broken gear, I can only tell you that I have replaced drum pedals, drum heads, amp tubes and car windows of the folks that have brought gear to my gigs.

I always pay the back line first, its not much but we don't make much. My general breakdown is 10 for amps and keys and 25 for drums. This is more than would be paid at shows in Chicago.

...and I always pay my bands, unless they leave and I forget.

I do try to rotate who I ask for gear, but with drums and bass amps, even if there are 3 people I can ask, it always feels like I'm asking the same person. Phil will remember when I started the Hoots in Dublin and needed drums a lot...him, Joss, Lynn, Neo-super Tim, Brian... As it stands none of those 5 people are on the bill for the 26th...can't really ask the Donegal band to bring theirs on the bus.

Organizing the back line is always a pain. Ah, but so worth it on the night!

Great to be back!!

:)

HOOT Night on the 26th - The Cure vs. The Carpenters!

The scissor sisters was the name given by the media to [SIZE=-1]Linda and Charlotte Mulhall ,[/SIZE]after they killed and decapitated their mothers boyfriend.

Charlie Bucket is refferring to the time Katherine, the older one, famously lent her bass head to the guy from In Tua Nua and when she eventually got it back it was destroyed.

haha.I get it now.
Did you know where she got her amp retubed and serviced or have got a contact number for her?

i would like to take this opportunity to publicy apologise to hugh from large mound for the period of about three years when i kept using his bass head cause it was in matty's shed. sometimes i asked and other times i didn't. i'm sorry hugh.

now i have a real nice bass head that had been broken twice by support bands who used it so fuck that no one is ever using it again.. (except hugh if he wants) repairing cost me so far 1,243 euro..

i think you kind of change your opinion to suit your particular amp having status.. heh heh.. like when you don't have a baby you don't worry about other peoples babys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back