Hail, Caesar! - for whiter than white whites (1 Viewer)

It's a group term that aims to be inclusive for everyone who is not white. Whites are white.

Typically it's the white lads who have a problem with it.

It's a group term that aims to be inclusive for everyone who is not white. Whites are white.

I've read an instance where an older black British person has objected to it as it reminded him of nasty words people used to say to him in the 60's.

I've read an instance where an older black British person has objected to it as it reminded him of nasty words people used to say to him in the 60's.
Yeah I heard that too. It's a US term mainly isn't it? I can probably get behind calling it ridiculous to bash American imperialism if that'll get us all together.

Where's the casual anti-americanism thread?

But what is white? Are Latinos (is there a different term I should be using?)? Turkic people?
Even within Europe you've got a huge palette of 'whiteness'.

But what is white? Are Latinos (is there a different term I should be using?)? Turkic people?
Even within Europe you've got a huge palette of 'whiteness'.
West European white (in America) mainly. Probably no and no to your question. It's not an exact science.

When in doubt google image search "CEO" and remove anyone who looks out of place for a rule of thumb.

Ok, maybe that's it's intent, but having said that it's pretty much exactly the same as referring to a non white person as "coloured" which was deemed derogatory a long time ago.

When in doubt google image search "CEO" and remove anyone who looks out of place for a rule of thumb.

Hey, the CEO of McDonalds is of colour. 19th in Google images.

CEO.jpg

This guy though. Number 1. The epitome of whiteness.

So I saw this the other night. Thought it was a load of shite. About as uninteresting and insignificant as True Grit and Burn After Reading which I rate pretty low for the Coens.

It seemed more smug than funny in it's humour when it wasn't just being plain unfunny - Mr. Skank hahahahahahahhahaah hilarious!

The scene where Ralph Fiennes was giving the kid a line reading was pretty great though.

So I saw this the other night. Thought it was a load of shite. About as uninteresting and insignificant as True Grit and Burn After Reading which I rate pretty low for the Coens.

It seemed more smug than funny in it's humour when it wasn't just being plain unfunny - Mr. Skank hahahahahahahhahaah hilarious!

The scene where Ralph Fiennes was giving the kid a line reading was pretty great though.
Yeah, just cos they are super into the whole period didn't make it inherently more interesting.

It was almost less than the sum of its considerable parts.

Tim you're off my christmas card list. I loved this and Burn After Reading. True Grit is good and all.

The only bad Coens film is The Ladykillers. I even liked Intolerable Cruelty

Tim you're off my christmas card list. I loved this and Burn After Reading. True Grit is good and all.

The only bad Coens film is The Ladykillers. I even liked Intolerable Cruelty
I was pleasantly surprised by Intolerable Cruelty too! I genuinely enjoyed that one!

But this almost seemed like a Coen's pastiche! I hated the voice over! It might have worked better for me had everyone been an unknown besides Brolin.
And I have to say it looked quite cheap which is bizarro considering it's a Roger Deakins movie. I guess digital just gives things that look but people roll with it anyway.........beats the shit out of me why!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back