Hail, Caesar! - for whiter than white whites (1 Viewer)

I didn't read his posts. I was just making a joke. Odd to be judged like this in such a condescending tone.

The day the laughter died
williams.jpg

For years, and just a few years ago, Mackie dreamed of playing Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman eventually landed the role, signing a five-picture deal). But despite his interest in the character, and perhaps because of his investment in the company, he shies away from joining in on the call to hire an African-American helmer behind the camera on the MCU’s first stand-alone black superhero movie.

“I don’t think it’s important at all,” he says. “As a director your job is to tell a story. You know, they didn’t get a horse to direct Seabiscuit! The thing is I don’t think the race of the director has to do with their ability to tell a story. I think it’s all about the director’s ability to be able to relate to that story and do it justice. I think men can direct women, and two of my greatest work experiences were with female directors. So I think it all depends. May the best man—or woman—win.”

I don't know enough about Black Panther comics to know whether there's something extra that a black director might bring to the thing.
You'd be inclined to think there was though. First black super hero and all that.

Poor ol' Anthony seems to be taking a bit of a beating these days.

I thought acting was all about pretending to be something else in anyways. So maybe they should only have actual zombies in the Walking Dead. If those lazy, dead motherfuckers could get their act together, they'd have quite the lobby.

I thought acting was all about pretending to be something else in anyways. So maybe they should only have actual zombies in the Walking Dead. If those lazy, dead motherfuckers could get their act together, they'd have quite the lobby.

It's about purity tests now and boycotts.
The Jezebel article doesn't specifically call for a boycott - though there are plenty online - it just says that releasing a film in which the wrong black woman plays a black woman in a story about blackness is a not a good idea.
It used to be about being young, gifted and black.

It's about purity tests now and boycotts.
The Jezebel article doesn't specifically call for a boycott - though there are plenty online - it just says that releasing a film in which the wrong black woman plays a black woman in a story about blackness is a not a good idea.
It used to be about being young, gifted and black.
It used to be about 2 hours of diversion and some popcorn. Not no more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back