Hail, Caesar! - for whiter than white whites (1 Viewer)

Listen, why don't you lot tell all the African Americans who have an issue with this that you know better about race than them and they're making a big deal about nothing. I'm just pointing you towards the conversation.

Sure racism is over, right? We're all colourblind now.

why don't you lot tell all the African Americans who have an issue with this

Because it's open season on the cracker, john. That's why.

b4l0jle2tzvqzbatxlkj.png

So is the film actually any good then? Because the contents of the past 4 pages of thread just hurt my brain - be more inclusive - point made, if it works for your art do it!

P.S - P.O.C is the most ridiculous term ever, whoever started pushing that term hard literally circled back into referring to Black people as "coloured" and somehow got away with it and fooled everyone.

So is the film actually any good then? Because the contents of the past 4 pages of thread just hurt my brain - be more inclusive - point made, if it works for your art do it!

P.S - P.O.C is the most ridiculous term ever, whoever started pushing that term hard literally circled back into referring to Black people as "coloured" and somehow got away with it and fooled everyone.
I loved it, @tim . Very funny, great cast, chock full of memorable Coen brothers moments. I left the cinema with a grin on my face.

hail caesar was very good if you like that sort of thing - distilled Coen

No one besides distributors has seen the Nina movie afaik

I'm hoping to see it tonight.

Will attempt to write the most infuriating review of it for everyone in here.

It was Inside Llewyn Davis. I quite liked True Grit. This is better than both of them. It reminded me most of Barton Fink and A Serious Man.
Barton Fink is GREAT!
Just remember it was Llewyn Davis just as you posted. I need to see that one again - I basically need to see all their introspective films again - The Man Who Wasn't There, A Serious Man, Inside Llewyn Davis Man!

Barton Fink is GREAT!
Just remember it was Llewyn Davis just as you posted. I need to see that one again - I basically need to see all their introspective films again - The Man Who Wasn't There, A Serious Man, Inside Llewyn Davis Man!
Yeah, Baron Fink is great, but for me A Serious Man is up there with Fargo and No Country For Old Men. They'd probably be my top 3 with Miller's Crossing and Barton Fink making up the top 5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back