(h)Eating (1 Viewer)

nonemoreblack said:
my own personal favourite recipe is

rocket with fresh figs, goats cheese, cherry tomatoes and a honey and mustard dressing. Although I havent been able to get fresh figs for years.

If you're in Dublin these are available in Fallon & Byrne (for a price).

Last night I had a salad in le Gueleton that was simply divine.... it had roasted beetroot, puy lentils, french beans, greens and grilled goatscheese. I'm frothing at the mouth even thinking about it.

Every other main dish on the menu, apart from being full on animals or fishes, looked very heavy and wintery, which I thought was a bit silly frankly.

I'd always been a bit odd about beetroot because of the whole beetroot in a jar thing but it was amazing and had the broadest most lovely aftertaste. Anyway. I'm going to learn to cook beetroot.

Also, cheeseboards, another summer essential.

Nonemoreblack that looks amazing. You can normally get fresh figs in the vegetable shop on Wexford st if you're In Dublin.

I've been eating mostly massive bowls of salad with whatever i find in the fridge/cupboard added.
Always lots of lettuce, and baby spinach if I can get to the veg shop. I think I'll turn into a tomato one if these days, I eat tonnes of them (I'll look like this:mad: only happier, yum)
Sometimes some chickpeas or beans of some kind. Feta if I have any or haloumi mmm. Peppers/grated carrot/scallions/cucumber/broccolli/whatever combination of some kind. and fresh Basil..mmmm
ALWAYS piled with toasted seeds (toasted with a bit of soya sauce n salt)
and topped with salad dressing
my salad dressing recipie:
olive oil
balsamic/applecider vinegar
garlics
a bit of tahini
mustard

edit: also we got two big punnets of peaches and them straight from the fridge on those hot days, fuckin amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back