(h)Eating (1 Viewer)

Wormo said:
Last night we had Gazpacho, garlic bread and a cold salad made up of red quinoa, chickpeas,mushrooms, capers.

More salad ideas and other cold food on a hot day ideas here....

I had several magnum ice creams for dinner, washed down with a large tub of natural yogurt, two yops and some cream cheese...

I tend not to feel much like eating in very hot weather - but fruit of any kind, as fresh as possible, tends to go down well.

One summer in New York I consumed at least 1 watermelon a day.

You can't beat some tsatsiki on hot day. Simple recipe with your cucumbers, yogurt, olive oil, s&p but I like lots of garlic and mint in it and chilled in the fridge as long as possible. Chilled to FUCK. Most recipes go for a fairly thick consistency, but I think it works better if it's of a slightly thinner one. Great with pita, naan bread or for dipping chopped veggies into. Yum.

I made a fennel one once too with lemon juice which wasn't bad either.

God yeah, tzatsiki with some crispy vegetable crudities- a veritable coolfest.

I know it's not cool, or cooling- but how summery is fresh corn on the cob with melty butter.

Story: once I was at a surf'n'turf in America and I was sitting in between a bunch of lobster eaters, innocently tucking into my heavenly fresh New England corn on the cob lathered in butter. So I hear the gentle crack of someone breaking open their near me and next thing you know I'm covered in lobster gack. LOBSTER GACK. On my head! One of the grossest food experiences ever.

Wormo said:
I know it's not cool, or cooling- but how summery is fresh corn on the cob with melty butter.

Oh yeah, especially barbequed in front of your eyes on a beach in Thailand .|..|

nlgbbbblth said:
Sorry - we're out of Waldorfs.

Sybil: If you'd just look.
Basil: I have looked. There's no celery, there's no grapes, ... walnuts! That's a laugh, easier to find a packet of sliced hippopotamus in suitcase sauce than a walnut in this bloody kitchen.
Sybil: Now, we've got apples.
Basil: Oh, terrific! Let's celebrate! We'll have an apple party: Everybody brings his own apple and stuffs it down somebody's throat.

Squiggle said:
Oh yeah, especially barbequed in front of your eyes on a beach in Thailand .|..|

Yes, and not 'barbecued' over a dustbin outside the metro station in a dodgy Paris suburb.... Someone will know what I'm talking about....

"Maïs, Maïs, Maïs" and the clanging of metal upon metal will echo in my nightmares forevermore.

Very cold melon slices
Iced Coffee
Adding cold creme fraiche/fromage frais + lemon is yummy in lots of mixtures.
Fresh Mint Mint Mint
Had a chik chak today...there were no calipos....Really nice popsicle apart from the shitty name...

What's red quinoa Wormo? I've had regular buff/nothing colour...where did ya source that from?

Bellatrix said:
Give me ice-pops and apples or give me death.

121672b.jpg

dowel said:
What's red quinoa Wormo? I've had regular buff/nothing colour...where did ya source that from?

It's pretty much identical to regular quinoa except the colour, and maybe a little tougher (great for salads). I got it in the health food shop opposite Dunnes on Georges Street (which get's the Me Award for Total Winner of a Shop for stocking Linda Mc's sausage rolls).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back