Guys... (1 Viewer)

kirstie said:
Ok then, this is how you bait your hook and reel him in - act very nonchalent about the whole thing, indicate subtly that it's cool to to see each other casually, you're not bothered about committment. See him sometimes, put him off for no reason other times, always have lots of other things going on in your life which you also let him know about. The more elusive and not bothered you are, the keener he'll be.

That is soooooooooooooooooooooo mean.

guys don't like that sort of shite.

how is it mean? Unless you plan on doing something really nasty to him once he's fallen for you I really can't see how it's mean at all. I don't like game playing but I found anytime I was straight up it didn't work, men have a tendancy to imagine you're going to be dragging them to wedding dress shops if you tell them you like them before the 2 year watershed has passed. Men in their 20's are like committment-phobic electric eels. Playing a bit hard to get as long as your intentions are pure never hurt anyone.

seanc said:
That is soooooooooooooooooooooo mean.

guys don't like that sort of shite.

kirstie said:
how is it mean? Unless you plan on doing something really nasty to him once he's fallen for you I really can't see how it's mean at all. I don't like game playing but I found anytime I was straight up it didn't work, men have a tendancy to imagine you're going to be dragging them to wedding dress shops if you tell them you like them before the 2 year watershed has passed. Men in their 20's are like committment-phobic electric eels. Playing a bit hard to get as long as your intentions are pure never hurt anyone.

agreed kirstie, and then if they have had a long term relationship they panic before they're thirty and run to see what else is available

oh what to do what to do.... this has been a fairly successful thread though

kirstie said:

YEah but lads don't think like that. They're there, scratching there heads goin "What does she want? She was mad to meet me d'other night, now she's not answering txts?!! Does she like me or not? Is there a point in me bothering with a girl who has 'loads of stuff goin on'?" The poor boys don't know what's goin on. It can be very stressful.

Not that that's ever happened to me of course :cool:

People always want what they can't have. So if you, as a lady, are after a guy and you know he does like you but he's also big into fuckwittage, then playing a teensy bit hard to get until you've really piqued his interest can actually be the ONLY way you're going to score with him. End of. Throwing yourself at blokes just does not pay off longterm.

Things may have changed out there since I was last on the shelf but In My Day, this approach was known to pay off on occasion. Not all, cos sometimes you just have to accept He's Just Not That Into You.

seanc said:
YEah but lads don't think like that. They're there, scratching there heads goin "What does she want? She was mad to meet me d'other night, now she's not answering txts?!! Does she like me or not? Is there a point in me bothering with a girl who has 'loads of stuff goin on'?" The poor boys don't know what's goin on. It can be very stressful.

Not that that's ever happened to me of course :cool:

ok, this thread right here... this is the best thread ever.

people want what they want.
spolied children want what they can't have.

just because someone's 30, doesn't mean they're not a spolied child. i've found genuine people easier to spot over the years... maybe it's something i've learned to value and was always looking me right in the face. i don't know. but playing games with people is depressing. to me it says the person has simply bought into everything bad associated with 'relationships' as we now know them... and it's probably going to take me so long to untangle this person that it's probably not worth my while.

ok, so the restaurant il fornaio. there's one in kilbarrack (10 doors up from me) and one in the ifsc. i defy anyone to have one of their 'il fornaio' pizzas with anchovies and tell me it not the best thing they've ever tasted. for serious lifestyle heads. totally amazing.

chico said:
ok, this thread right here... this is the best thread ever.

people want what they want.
spolied children want what they can't have.

just because someone's 30, doesn't mean they're not a spolied child. i've found genuine people easier to spot over the years... maybe it's something i've learned to value and was always looking me right in the face. i don't know. but playing games with people is depressing. to me it says the person has simply bought into everything bad associated with 'relationships' as we now know them... and it's probably going to take me so long to untangle this person that it's probably not worth my while.

ok, so the restaurant il fornaio. there's one in kilbarrack (10 doors up from me) and one in the ifsc. i defy anyone to have one of their 'il fornaio' pizzas with anchovies and tell me it not the best thing they've ever tasted. for serious lifestyle heads. totally amazing.

Il fornaio is deadly!!!!

Also, good points

chico said:

Hah, I live on yer road. Like about a mile up. But still. Hi.

And yeah, Il Fornaio is nice. Some of the creamy pasta dishes can be a little bland though, must be said.

Squack said:
so the moral of this thread is.................

answers please

I cant believe you got 10 pages out of your girlly issues!
Maybe you should write a letter into the times about it, see if it incites a kevin myers rant?

Squack said:
so the moral of this thread is ................. answers please
sit tight and trust your instincts. if the way a person acts make you feel uncomfortable, there's normally a good reason for it. he sounds like a mate to me.

oh and take lots of shrooms.

Thanks guys, i think i'm ready to spray my cock custard on the windscreen.
great advice. especially you happy. you seem happy. are you happy? i hope so. i love to love, me.

"men = committment phobic", I'm so sick of hearing that shit

it's like "all men are bastards"

it's boolsheet

tar us all with the one brush why don't ye

....then lick it off, heh heh

em, sorry, I digress.....but anyway, yeah, sure you could say the same thing about girls in their 20s, fuck sake.

snakybus said:

it's boolsheet

em, sorry, I digress.....but anyway, yeah, sure you could say the same thing about girls in their 20s, fuck sake.
I agree with this post

Whats it all about? (sigh.....flummox)

aaww mike, get down off that high horse, you'll hurt yourself. I never said I thought all men were bastirts or commitment phobes, I was merely offering advice to squack based on this one guy and pointing out the advantages of the occasional bit of subliminal coaxing which a gal might have to employ on occasion. Men do it to women all the time too, they might not do it consciously, but the net effect is the same.

Nice and all as it would be to live in a world where ALL forms of communication were black and white as well as crystal clear, and both parties were in perfect understanding, haha you'd want to be some fuckin clown to think that's ever going to happen.

snakybus said:

it's boolsheet

Squack said:
Ok, let me put a scenario to you.

You're with a bird, get on great and finish with her. You stay in touch but dont meet up til 3 and a half years later for your birthday and there is still major sparkage (well as far as the girl is concerned)

do you
a) want the girl to ask you out?
b) want to just stay friends
c) want her to know you secretly like boys...

i had something to say but ive changed my mind. anyway, you probably shouldnt ask people on here for romantic advice. do what your heart tells you to do.

shut it you committment phobic BASTARD
ramps said:
i had something to say but ive changed my mind. anyway, you probably shouldnt ask people on here for romantic advice. do what your heart tells you to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back