Guitarists talking about their gear (1 Viewer)

I fancy getting a reverb pedal myself..as Moose pointed out to me the other night when we were talking about overdrive..the sound off a pedal is gonna be way better than that of an amps overdrive because the pedal is totally all about doing that one thing..ergo..a reverb pedal must be better that on board reverb..I think that makes sense

Well I'd disagree there with ya, with "onboard" reverb more often than not you get a actual spring reverb tank in the amp cabinet somewhere which will sound a million times better than a digital reverb pedal. I have heard that the Holy Grail is one of the best pedals at replicating the spring sound though. I think it's between that and the Line6 Verbzilla which also has way more options.

I'd say give me 30 watter which also has a spring reverb tank a shot before putting the order in on a new amp. Also I'd be very tempted to just get a head rather than a combo. Although I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting a combo.

Well I'd disagree there with ya, with "onboard" reverb more often than not you get a actual spring reverb tank in the amp cabinet somewhere which will sound a million times better than a digital reverb pedal. I have heard that the Holy Grail is one of the best pedals at replicating the spring sound though. I think it's between that and the Line6 Verbzilla which also has way more options.

I'd say give me 30 watter which also has a spring reverb tank a shot before putting the order in on a new amp. Also I'd be very tempted to just get a head rather than a combo. Although I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting a combo.

Well,I'll have a bash on your head on Friday if thats cool...erm that doest read well but y'know what I'm saying..

The reason for getting a combo would be so I could have more portability..but maybe I should'nt be worrying about that as the cab will renmain in situ at practice and I would want to be practicing with the exact same set up as I'd be using live..

Ah I'm in a muddle now..all I know is..I WANT TO SOUND AMAZING

No problem at all. What you really want imo is a 12" cab and a 4x12 and a head but seeing as you already have the 6 watt I'd go with a head and the 4x12 but maybe others on here would disagree.

I'm also a bass player....

i think moose has outlined the ideal scenario. a decent head, a 4x12 in the rock space and a 1x10/1x12 at home. but a combo is a decent compromise cause you can just run the amp unit through a 4x12 whenever you need to. most decent combos provide speaker outputs covered all ohms. and the little 5 watt blackstar combo i had sounded fantastic through my old 4x12.

Yeah I'm defo launing towards getting a head now....come on two dole days so I can INVEST!!

I gave up using an old Selmer 50 watt because it wasn't loud enough with everything full. Sounded great though.

Wattage depends on a lot of factors, my main problem is how loud our drummer is and pedending if it's going to be mic'd. In a good venue with a PA I get shit for having my 50W Marshall at 1, in a crappy venue with no mics it isn't loud enough at 6 and anything after 6 just has too much overdrive. These days I've been using 2 2x12's which sound engineers seem freakout at, "Do you hear that, it's not even in the PA!!!" siad the engineer from the workmans, it was at 1.

Also I know that in good venues it's important to not to be too loud as you'll over load the mics going to the PA but were is the balance!?

Wattage depends on a lot of factors, my main problem is how loud our drummer is and pedending if it's going to be mic'd. In a good venue with a PA I get shit for having my 50W Marshall at 1, in a crappy venue with no mics it isn't loud enough at 6 and anything after 6 just has too much overdrive. These days I've been using 2 2x12's which sound engineers seem freakout at, "Do you hear that, it's not even in the PA!!!" siad the engineer from the workmans, it was at 1.

Also I know that in good venues it's important to not to be too loud as you'll over load the mics going to the PA but were is the balance!?

well the balance is be nice to the sound engineer and they will make sure yer amp volume requirements will be met on stage..I hate monitoring through anything but the amp

.. like Eddie Cocrhan putting a P90 at the neck pickup--

replying to myself here..

Tvjones new P90s that drop right in a Gretsch SSLVO

[video=facebook;1497555451567]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1497555451567&comments[/video]

This g-dec thing look interesting

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I tried Mooses 30 watt head last night...nowhere near loud enough..100 it has to be

This g-dec thing look interesting

Jazes he's great!(I keep meaning to learn that style..might get a set of picks and do that this week)

I've been looking at getting Band in a Box for the laugh.....real cheesy but a great laugh...

Jazes he's great!(I keep meaning to learn that style..might get a set of picks and do that this week)

Just need the thumbpick-or do a Brian Setzer and use an ordinary plec and fancy fingering technique
I have this and his Travis Picking dvds- if i can find a way to copy them I'll send them to you

mines a dual exchange it has a escape button to the rear, and the front a sort of hangy thing im not sure what you call it but its very usefull.lololol

This is the Breshman with his Super Dualette playing through the Aphex Acoustic Xciter pedal
The two sided guitar is called the "Super Dualette" made by Del Langejans of Holland, MI. Steel string on one side and baritone guitar on the other

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back