Good man Stephen Ireland... (2 Viewers)

Other players like Andy Reid?

Ah, Reid isn't the same calibre of player as Ireland. And I don't think they're similar types anyway, Reid's more of a string pulling playmaker type whereas Ireland gets forward more.

Steve Reid and Ireland would be a decent central pairing. Shame one's a crock and the other is insane.

Ireland has more chance of getting his game because he'll do more than attack, he can tackle and harry the opposition whereas Reid would be wheezing to get back into position.

Trap will never play Reid when he has Duff and McGeady starting as well.

Ireland he would play.

Ireland has more chance of getting his game because he'll do more than attack, he can tackle and harry the opposition whereas Reid would be wheezing to get back into position.

Trap will never play Reid when he has Duff and McGeady starting as well.

Ireland he would play.

Now that McGeady has pulled out it Looks like even without McGeady we won't have Reid playing, he should've been in the squad for when things like this happen.

the entire team could be built around stephen ireland. the entire squad shuld shave their heads in honour of him. THE PRICK.

Ireland is a far better player.

He is, and there could be an element of Trapattoni saying he didn't want him anyway because he won't play for us. It'd be fair to say too that Reid is a better player than either of the two reserve players who were our centre of midfield in the last game.

Regarding Reid not being called up for the friendly, his explanation makes sense, he knows what Reid can do, and he's not too keen on him doing it in competitive games, so it'd be a waste of both their time to call him up for a friendly.

Renaming the team Stephen Ireland might help too.

I think a more subtle strategy is called for.

Maybe we should start wearing a sky blue kit and get Thomas Cook to sponsor us.

Get Richie Dunne to bang in the odd own goal to keep the subterfuge going.

I reckon it could work.

So, now that his old man is saying he wasn't bullied, are you still convinced that he was?

Yeah, I'm sticking with Emmet Malone on this for now.

I think most of us agree that something happened, just not on how to characterise it.

I would love it if he came back though.

If Stephen Ireland comes back to play for Ireland, I'm gonna go to his first match back, invade the pitch, and have a miscarriage in front of him (whilst carrying my dead granny on my back obviously).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back