Good man Stephen Ireland... (2 Viewers)

I think Manchester City are being pricks and Stephen Ireland is just being a prick back to them. He's been consistently one of their best players and they're casting him aside because he's not one of the big-name players. Manchester City are behaving worse than Chelsea did back in 2004/2005. If it weren't for their fans, I'd really hate them.

I think Manchester City are being pricks and Stephen Ireland is just being a prick back to them. He's been consistently one of their best players and they're casting him aside because he's not one of the big-name players. Manchester City are behaving worse than Chelsea did back in 2004/2005. If it weren't for their fans, I'd really hate them.

This is what Garry Cook said about Richard Dunne in 2008 - "China and India are gagging for football content to watch and we’re going to tell them that City is their content. We need a superstar to get through that door. Richard Dunne doesn’t roll off the tongue in Beijing."

And now they've just dropped Given after a bloody good season and him having been made temporary captain in Tourés absence.

Manhcester City seem to have a problem with Irish players who play really well.

I also find Mancini one of the most unlikeable pricks in the Premiership. I think City got the right type of shit to do their dirtywork. Still, I agree with whoever said that it's all prock-on-prick action over there.

Just in case anyone missed this

SPT_IHN_030309-11.jpg

city are creating for themselves a house of cards. it's great. a team full of pricks with a prick manager. how many new arrivals in the last year?and they have to gel into a team? never mind the fact they have somewhere in the region of 37 first team pros and need a squad of 25. add in the fact that they'll expect instant success from a 300mil layout, which won#'t happen, and they'll be sacking managers every six months, unable to get any cohesion going. money doesn't buy you success, necessarily. blackburn took a few years to get it right, and they had king kenny. mourinho turned abramovich's millions into success because of who he is, and he did the same with inter, another moneybags team who would have been floundering where it not for juve being relegated. if they take it slow and steady, they'll get results in a few years. but not with mancini, whos never have won a pot if the first one wasn't handed to him and his closest rivals weren't all given points deductions.

as for shay, he has two very good keepers, both internationals who need football. someone has to go. i reckon shay will end up at fulham if schwartzer goes to arsenal.

as for shay, he has two very good keepers, both internationals who need football. someone has to go. i reckon shay will end up at fulham if schwartzer goes to arsenal.

That would seem the obvious course, unless Wenger screws his head on and goes for Given. Losing someone like Given, one of the best keepers in the world and still a lot better than Hart, is classic. Fucking tits.

That would seem the obvious course, unless Wenger screws his head on and goes for Given. Losing someone like Given, one of the best keepers in the world and still a lot better than Hart, is classic. Fucking tits.

City won't sell him to us according to reports in the past few days.

With them flaunting the cash they've mostly attracted the wrong type of player - the Robinhos and Adabayors of the football world who are more interested in the money than football success.

I don't buy this talk that they'll disrupt the top 4. I can see them maybe somewhere around 6th at best. Its not Chelsea all over again. Chelsea had a good manager and bought sensibly. Man City don't and paid inflated prices for a bunch of second-rate players. Its funny that in the process they've managed to alienate the heart of their team. Given and Ireland should follow Dunne and get out of there fast.

With them flaunting the cash they've mostly attracted the wrong type of player - the Robinhos and Adabayors of the football world who are more interested in the money than football success.

I don't buy this talk that they'll disrupt the top 4. I can see them maybe somewhere around 6th at best. Its not Chelsea all over again. Chelsea had a good manager and bought sensibly. Man City don't and paid inflated prices for a bunch of second-rate players. Its funny that in the process they've managed to alienate the heart of their team. Given and Ireland should follow Dunne and get out of there fast.

Yes Chelsea had a good manager who bought well and he also bought unfinished players and made them better but on the other hand he also bought virtually an entire new side in the space of a season and a half. There's really no conparing Mourhino to whoever gets six months in the driving seat at City (I think Mancini will be gone by january by the way) but there are unfavourable comparisons to be made between Abramovic and whoever owns city. Both are complete fucking cunts and are ruining football. There comparison done.

The problem with Given, Dunne and Ireland is that they've achieved as much as they can with City so they should leave any way on principal. Ireland and Dunne went there, developed into the players they are and won fuck all in the process, Given went there the best goalkeeper in England and leaves as the same and won fuck all. They're like Newcastle overhyped also rans. Ireland would slot in nicely at any top 8 side and Given should end his career at either Arsenal or United it's what he's deserved for the last 5 years. He was a fool to stick it out at Newcastle for so long. Dunne left and played in his first ever final within 6 months. Ireland will go to a club get a cup run and never look back. then buy another poxy looking car.

I would have agreed with you this time last year but I think they've bought a lot better this summer. I'd be shocked if they don't make the top 4, they were a bit all over the shop last season and still only narrowly missed out.

On the subject of Given, he is a top goalie but he far from one of the best in the world. I think being irish we overlook his flaws all too easily. He's reluctant to come for crosses a lot of the time, doesn't comand his box like he should and his distribution is average. He is of course a brilliant shot stopper and has amazing reflexs, he does deserve to be first choice for a top side. Taking a long term view though I think city are better off holding onto Hart than Given.

Villa definitley getting the better of the deal, they'd come off better even if it was a straight swap of Daddy Dick for Milner, but £16m as well is ridiculous.

Big difference between Chelsea and City is that Chelsea were already in the Champions League when the money came in, and finished second under Ranieri the season before Mourinho took over. City are paying inflated prices for second rate players because (mostly) the top players won't go there until they're in a position to win things.

i think i would have to agree with the assesment of shay there. top lad, great keeper, but not one of the world's best by a chalk. villa will be laughing their cocks off at this deal. what's you're problem, oneill, you'd look like a transfer making genius if you were still there. make a massive profit on a player, and get in a similar, if not better one, whose the same age. odd stuff. what's city's fixation?

in other news, bellamy "blacklisted", and now on load at cardiff. that's another problem they'll have, well paid players who are't great, or are arsey, on huge contracts refusing to leave and holding the club to ransom. anyone remember adrian mutu at chelsea? they wanted shot of him, the poor sap. i wonder how many more city players will find themselves on the naughty step

poor bastard clearly needs some dosh. state of those jeans. is he destitute? give him his millions, manchester city. think of the fish.

that's another problem they'll have, well paid players who are't great, or are arsey, on huge contracts refusing to leave and holding the club to ransom.
And the strange thing is it's the exact same situation City were in a decade ago. They got relegated from the prem, had something like 50 first team players on the books on prem wages and ended up sinking to the then second division. I know they have the money now, but what happens if the Sheikh has enough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back