Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

Great name for a country. We're named after a goddess, apparently. That's nice too.

There's a psych-rock band called Black Mountain too.

Des Cahill was on the radio talking to a Bulgarian journalist by phone and the guy called them Black Mountain. Des didn't have a clue what he was on about.

Gattuso can barely make the squad in a rubbish Milan team, and Pirlo is playing, out of form, for the same bunch. We'll be grand.

Gattuso can barely make the squad in a rubbish Milan team, and Pirlo is playing, out of form, for the same bunch. We'll be grand.

Gattuso is back in the italy squad but was injured for ages in fairness. Regardless of club form they've always been solid for Italy. Admittedly it was four years ago but when they won the world cup and the champions league they were the best midfield pair on the planet and that doesn't just disappear. Any way to reiterate we are talking about GIBSON and WHELAN

Whelan and Andrews looked out of their depth against Cyprus and Darren Gibson has played a total 102mins of club football this season. what the fuck do you mean "GRAND"? We'll be grand cos those world champions aren't up to much at the moment ? or grand we have a world class midfield ? I'm just checking if you're being optimistic or deluded.

anyway most likely Gatuso won't start and more than likely the average age of the Italians will be somewhere around 32 but still the closer we get to the match the more I think it could be humiliating. Please alay my fears more of your optimism Franco.

I kinda turned myself around on the issue there.

Thanks Franco.

We won't be humiliated or anything close to it. Italy rarely humiliate anyone, Bill. They do enough. What we might be is beaten, and that will make the Black Mountain game very scary.

The scores rarely reflect their dominance though. I'm not saying this is a great Italian side (in fact it's a pretty poor one) but if you watch some of the classic Italy 1-0 wins they have about 70% possession. I'm just picturing myself in the third last row of Croker freezing my fucking hole off watching Italy knock the ball in circles around Stephen fucking Hunt. I need more reassurance.

I don't even want to think about the Black Mountain.

Gattuso is back in the italy squad but was injured for ages in fairness. Regardless of club form they've always been solid for Italy. Admittedly it was four years ago but when they won the world cup and the champions league they were the best midfield pair on the planet and that doesn't just disappear. Any way to reiterate we are talking about GIBSON and WHELAN

Never fear; Gibson is out injured.

Yeah thank fuck for that. He's still not going to put Andy Reid in though. The entire fucking country can see that Andy Reid is the best Republic of Ireland midfielder there is right now, but Trappitoni still won't fucking call him up. FUCK THAT.

I dunno, Daddy Dick hasn't quite been up to his previous Superman standards this season, maybe cause he's on the bench a bit more with all those new arrivals.

Clutching at straws I think Corm. He was the difference when he came off the bench on Monday and City found an equaliser. The only reason he was on the bench is because he's played so many games!

Yet another interview with the man himself:
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...nd-make-the-2010-World-Cup-article182069.html

Assuming those quotes are all legit, that seems to be the matter definitively finished for the time being.. He just doesn't care about international football and wishes it would go away, doesn't regard the World Cup as something he'd like to play at, doesn't get any pride or enjoyment from playing for Ireland etc..

I'm starting to feel really bad about this weekends match, Lippi has said that he's going out for the win, the midfield is a joke, we haven't beaten any big name teams in a long time, the atmosphere in Croke Park is nothing compared to the "Lansdowne Roar" and recent games against Cyprus, Soth Africa and Australia have been painful to watch at times.

That said, we've been written off before and managed to pull it out of the bag......... Come On You Boys In Green

Yet another interview with the man himself:
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...nd-make-the-2010-World-Cup-article182069.html

Assuming those quotes are all legit, that seems to be the matter definitively finished for the time being.. He just doesn't care about international football and wishes it would go away, doesn't regard the World Cup as something he'd like to play at, doesn't get any pride or enjoyment from playing for Ireland etc..
that's cos he doesn't believe we're gonna qualify. the cunt.
FUCK IRELAND. COME ON IRELAND.

here's stephen running a child over.

5614_227921795060_830460060_8169100_310461_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back