Good man Stephen Ireland... (2 Viewers)

Andy Cole hated Teddy Sheringham and vice versa, didn't mean either of them stopped turning up for training. Ireland can fuck off. We've Steven Reid back now anyway.

Both were pretty well paid to turn up for training.

S Reid might be back, but he'll probably be gone again by this afternoon.

well, i blame stan, and by extension, because there never would have been a stan situation if saipan didn't happen, keano. what a fucking farce.

I cannot fucking abide bullies and Hunt got Ireland good.
Where's his interview saying that maybe things went too far in holding Ireland down against his will and reefing out of his hair?

No-where, because there's no evidence that it ever happened. And if i did (a big if) Stephen Ireland is still an arsehole of the highest order for countless reasons. If you are so offended by Hunt (who is an idiot, on that we agree), which he shoudln't be, why not report it to the manager and FAI, why say 'i've nothing against any of the players' in public and then say in public 'it's the best decision I've ever made', without a reason, and then a month later call the manager 'arrogant' in public?
Fuck Stephen Ireland.

No-where, because there's no evidence that it ever happened. And if i did (a big if) Stephen Ireland is still an arsehole of the highest order for countless reasons. If you are so offended by Hunt (who is an idiot, on that we agree), which he shoudln't be, why not report it to the manager and FAI, why say 'i've nothing against any of the players' in public and then say in public 'it's the best decision I've ever made', without a reason, and then a month later call the manager 'arrogant' in public?
Fuck Stephen Ireland.

It happened.
I'll agree to disagree with anyone on Ireland's reaction after the fact, but it happened.

Ireland equates having the best form of his life with not playing for Ireland, which is fair enough but shortsighted and naive. The minute his form dips - he's not playing great this season - and finds himself left out at Man City, he'll re-evaluate and come crawling back. That's what I reckon.

He might be an eejit (actually, there's no might about it), but the amount of shite the man gets for not wanting to play for a team he has absolutely no obligation to play for (unless the FAI start acting the prick and invoking the FIFA five day rule etc) is ridiculous. If he were to come back, grand, if not, also grand, although we'd be better off with him in the team. If media types would stop asking him about it and stop asking anyone connected to the Irish setup about him we wouldn't be hearing nonsense every five minutes about him.

He might be an eejit (actually, there's no might about it), but the amount of shite the man gets for not wanting to play for a team he has absolutely no obligation to play for (unless the FAI start acting the prick and invoking the FIFA five day rule etc) is ridiculous. If he were to come back, grand, if not, also grand, although we'd be better off with him in the team. If media types would stop asking him about it and stop asking anyone connected to the Irish setup about him we wouldn't be hearing nonsense every five minutes about him.

i think he gets more shit for the grandmother/daddy dick/being a nob in general rather than not playing for his country, and for not giving a straight answer ages ago and constantly hinting at a return when i reckon he never had an inkling of returning, maybe cause he likes the attention, is poor form too.

Nah, in fairness it's a pretty unique situation. There have been other international refuseniks, usually down to fallouts with management etc but Ireland's reasoning has not been clarified, hence the repeated interest.

Plus, it goes against footballing logic. You play well for your club so you can get recognised for your country and make an impression on the global stage.

Stephen%20Ireland%20Range%20Rover.jpg

i think he gets more shit for the grandmother/daddy dick/being a nob in general rather than not playing for his country, and for not giving a straight answer ages ago and constantly hinting at a return when i reckon he never had an inkling of returning, maybe cause he likes the attention, is poor form too.

exactly.

the refusal to play international football is just part of the problem

Trapattoni's signed on for another two years. Won't be seeing messrs A Reid or Ireland any time soon.

Indeed. Could there be any worse time to give a manager a new contract..? Should have waited until after we play in the WC, or if we didn't qualify, think about it then. What's the name of that clown who used to manage the rugby team..? They did that with him just before the world cup too.

Agree re Reid and (Not-) Ireland. Won't be seeing four passes in a row anytime soon either..

Indeed. Could there be any worse time to give a manager a new contract..? Should have waited until after we play in the WC, or if we didn't qualify, think about it then. What's the name of that clown who used to manage the rugby team..? They did that with him just before the world cup too.

Agree re Reid and (Not-) Ireland. Won't be seeing four passes in a row anytime soon either..

Not give Trap a new contract if we don't qualify? I don't think so. Who do you propose is going to do a better job than he's done so far?
Honestly.

Not give Trap a new contract if we don't qualify? I don't think so. Who do you propose is going to do a better job than he's done so far?
Honestly.

We play shit football and we've had outrageous good fortune. I don't think he's brought us on much. We have good players. He's got us organised, "difficult to beat", wow. We still concede sloppy goals. If we don't qualify I'd let someone else have a go. Who? I'd have to think.

Honestly.

I don't know who would do a better job, but I don't think experience precludes technique. He has indeed gotten results with a limited group of players, but sooner or later the luck is going to run out I think. If we start playing some way decently, it would be a lot more enjoyable. The football is just horrible to watch. I think this stuff about the team having shape and resilience is stretching it a bit. We just hoof the ball up to the forwards and hope for the best.

That corrupt businessman Denis O'Brien is party to blame for this new contract.

The rugby guy was Eddie O Sullivan.

What CinnamonBoy said.

Although I suppose getting to the W. C., even playing shit football, would be an awesome buzz. I think the best world cup was under Mick McCarthy, apart, obviously from the horror of the shootout against Spain and some other messing. At least we played well for a lot of it and it was class being in the tournament..

Come off it lads saying we want to see good football. Ireland have rarely played good football. And when we did we were anemic as fuck up front. We dont have the players to play good football and probably never will. Play to our strengths and win the games you are supposed to win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back