Good man Stephen Ireland... (1 Viewer)

Can't see much wrong in what Hunt said, really (obviously he shouldn't be commenting on the matter publicly at all, but he seems to be missing that part of his brain that would allow him to keep his opinions to himself when a microphone is put in front of him).. If S. Ireland wants to come back and play for us then the sooner the better, come back in for the friendlies after the summer and then play the remaining 3 qualifying games (plus playoffs, hopefully) and everybody will have got over the whole thing by the time the World Cup rolls around.

Can't see much wrong in what Hunt said, really (obviously he shouldn't be commenting on the matter publicly at all, but he seems to be missing that part of his brain that would allow him to keep his opinions to himself when a microphone is put in front of him).. If S. Ireland wants to come back and play for us then the sooner the better, come back in for the friendlies after the summer and then play the remaining 3 qualifying games (plus playoffs, hopefully) and everybody will have got over the whole thing by the time the World Cup rolls around.

By choosing to focus on how it would affect the squad rather than how it would affect our qualification/WC chances, Hunt is nailing his colours to the mast.
Also, giving Stevie clear warning that many squad members will feel he's denying someone else a place. Probably not a lie but not exactly rolling out the welcome mat either.
He's in the "Fuck him, we don't need him" camp. he's entitled to be a prick, but I feel it does our cause no additional good.
I'm in the "S. Ireland coming back will be good for our chances, he's a quality player, and we need all we can get on that front"

I kinda wish everyone except Trap and Stevie would keep their mouths shut on this until it's settled once and for all.
This goes for Hunt as much as it does for Ireland's Dad.

what the fuck is up with this country, are we gonna go to another world cup without our best player? cork cunts. keep football dub.

Team to face Cyprus

Strongbow/Diarmuid MacMurrough/Napper Tandy/Edward Fitzgerald/Hugh O'Neill/Brian Boru/Robert Emmet/Joseph Plunkett (poet, mystic, winger)/Michael Collins/Rory O'Connor/Daddy Dick

Strongbow qualifies under the 'I Conquered Your Country' rule

Team to face Cyprus

Strongbow/Diarmuid MacMurrough/Napper Tandy/Edward Fitzgerald/Hugh O'Neill/Brian Boru/Robert Emmet/Joseph Plunkett (poet, mystic, winger)/Michael Collins/Rory O'Connor/Daddy Dick

Strongbow qualifies under the 'I Conquered Your Country' rule

Hugh O'Neill will desert the camp if things start going badly.
And they're likely to what with Robert Emmet's distrust of journalists and Boru's notorious injury problems when it comes to the big games.
Plunkett is a luxury.

here's my squad:

cuchallain
fionn mac cuill
glenda gilson
jackie healy rae
george lee
steve collins
leonardo di caprio in titanic
richie kavanagh
the edge
charlie bird
sharon ni bheolain
the banshee
daddy dick

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back