Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

I've decided I want to quit before I turn 30. Which gives me 9 months of delicious cigarettes. I'm sorry.

Update to my smoke free journey post-30, I quit at new years and am actually going nearly 9 months strong! Can you believe it? I actually can't get over how easy its been. I think not having a partner that smokes, and generally going out about 10% of what I used to has helped, haha. At first, the challenge was when other people were smoking around me when drinking, and I guess thats still a minor challenge, but its definitely getting better.

Bought some Nicorettes over Xmas, didnt pay any attention to them until I was at the airport nearly 3 weeks ago about to head away for a few days, ditched the fags, slapped on a patch and apart from one slip while buckled which I remember not enjoying one bit, Ive been doing ok, well ok in the sense, I still want a fag but the patches are keeping the cravings at bay most of the time

I knew I had posted in here before. That attempt lasted about six months. And followed a 3 year hiatus from 1999-2002.

I quit again in 2015. E-cig and patches. The e-cig has 0mg nicotine in it and comes on my rare social outings. A patch gets applied if I feel anyway like a cigarette at any stage. So thats pretty much every day by lunchtime I find.

After slipping when 3 years quit before I'm accepting that I'm totally addicted to nicotine. And I'm treating non smoking in the same way that once an alcoholic always an alcoholic model. I'm just a smoker thats not smoking today.

Just ordered a Juul there
Pros: small and discreet; doesn’t produce plumes of disgusting smoke; flavours are mild/subtle and nice.

Cons: USB charger is tiny so easily lost; battery life too short so really requires a charger in work and one at home or a portable power bank.

Reckon it’s a good purchase but will see how annoying it gets with the battery situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back