Giving up the smokes (2 Viewers)

I've decided I want to quit before I turn 30. Which gives me 9 months of delicious cigarettes. I'm sorry.

Update to my smoke free journey post-30, I quit at new years and am actually going nearly 9 months strong! Can you believe it? I actually can't get over how easy its been. I think not having a partner that smokes, and generally going out about 10% of what I used to has helped, haha. At first, the challenge was when other people were smoking around me when drinking, and I guess thats still a minor challenge, but its definitely getting better.

Bought some Nicorettes over Xmas, didnt pay any attention to them until I was at the airport nearly 3 weeks ago about to head away for a few days, ditched the fags, slapped on a patch and apart from one slip while buckled which I remember not enjoying one bit, Ive been doing ok, well ok in the sense, I still want a fag but the patches are keeping the cravings at bay most of the time

I knew I had posted in here before. That attempt lasted about six months. And followed a 3 year hiatus from 1999-2002.

I quit again in 2015. E-cig and patches. The e-cig has 0mg nicotine in it and comes on my rare social outings. A patch gets applied if I feel anyway like a cigarette at any stage. So thats pretty much every day by lunchtime I find.

After slipping when 3 years quit before I'm accepting that I'm totally addicted to nicotine. And I'm treating non smoking in the same way that once an alcoholic always an alcoholic model. I'm just a smoker thats not smoking today.

Just ordered a Juul there
Pros: small and discreet; doesn’t produce plumes of disgusting smoke; flavours are mild/subtle and nice.

Cons: USB charger is tiny so easily lost; battery life too short so really requires a charger in work and one at home or a portable power bank.

Reckon it’s a good purchase but will see how annoying it gets with the battery situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back