Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

i'm not doing any exercise and i should be. i find if i'm bored and sitting around acting the arse, i think about smokes and how i'd like one. if i'm out and about kept busy, i'm grand. it's all routine aswell though, like smoke on way to work, smoke with a coffee, smoke after lunch, smoke on way home from work, smoke with a beer etc,etc. it's bloody hard though ain't it, and i really enjoy smoking:confused: :confused:
george mcfly said:
are you doing any exercise? that's the one thing that really helps for me..
especially if you feel like you're craving a smoke

tripoli said:
it's all routine aswell though, like smoke on way to work, smoke with a coffee, smoke after lunch, smoke on way home from work, smoke with a beer etc,etc. it's bloody hard though ain't it, and i really enjoy smoking:confused: :confused:

Yeah, that's the thing... I really enjoyed smoking - but I gave up because it was becoming a habit and routine instead of something I enjoyed... which took a lot of the enjoyment out of it for me.

Not sure if that makes any sense but, meh!

Anyway, glad to hear it's going ok for you Tripoli.

Oh, and I find that taking a sip of water when I want a ciggie works!

tripoli said:
i'm not doing any exercise and i should be. i find if i'm bored and sitting around acting the arse, i think about smokes and how i'd like one. if i'm out and about kept busy, i'm grand. it's all routine aswell though, like smoke on way to work, smoke with a coffee, smoke after lunch, smoke on way home from work, smoke with a beer etc,etc. it's bloody hard though ain't it, and i really enjoy smoking:confused: :confused:

yeah it's really really hard! i found i was getting the most grumpy at points in the day when i'd have a couple of smokes together..like on the way down to the bus stop after work, or from the bus to my house.. it was a killer.. but ya find it never gets as bad as you think it's gonna get

i started cycling loads when i quit..i have a bmx and i found that if i was in a fouler i'd head off on that for an hour and try and practice tricks..after a while then then craving seemed to just fade away..so i guess do something that will keep your head occupied while you're feeling the worst of it
it goes away though! i'm finding it much easier now!

one cigarrette=5 minutes.

Therefore, I now have 150 to 200 extra minutes in my day. I hope I do something worthwhile with it.

george mcfly said:
i started cycling loads when i quit..i have a bmx and i found that if i was in a fouler i'd head off on that for an hour and try and practice tricks..after a while then then craving seemed to just fade away..so i guess do something that will keep your head occupied while you're feeling the worst of it
it goes away though! i'm finding it much easier now!
good advice, i must keep busy. with a bit o'luck i'll nail it this time. i was off them for 3 mths last year and then i went for a pint of guinness.....i'm afraid to go out for a pint now.

Squiggle said:
Anyway, glad to hear it's going ok for you Tripoli.

Oh, and I find that taking a sip of water when I want a ciggie works!

thanks squiggle, i'll try that too.

tripoli said:
good advice, i must keep busy. with a bit o'luck i'll nail it this time. i was off them for 3 mths last year and then i went for a pint of guinness.....i'm afraid to go out for a pint now.

ah don't be afraid of having a pint! going out for a pint and not smoking is the first big thing to get through! if you can do that you're sorted.. you'll even notice that you wont feel as shite the next day

george mcfly said:
ah don't be afraid of having a pint! going out for a pint and not smoking is the first big thing to get through! if you can do that you're sorted.. you'll even notice that you wont feel as shite the next day

indeed, one night i didn't smoke and i was amazed at the difference is hangovers, crazy shit. i'm also throwing the money i'd usually spend on cigs into a jar each day. it's sounds sad but it's working rather well, it's a good incentive.

george mcfly said:
i actually smoked around 30 a day until last december

I guess I just wouldn't have had time to smoke that many so it takes me by suprise... even on a lazy Sunday I'd have been hard pushed to smoke 20.

My average was probably somewhere between 10 and 15.

tripoli said:
i'm also throwing the money i'd usually spend on cigs into a jar each day. it's sounds sad but it's working rather well, it's a good incentive.

That's a really good idea. A friend of mine did that when she gave up and then used the money she saved over a year to buy herself a motorbike.

Squiggle said:
You were smoking 30-40 a day!

:eek:

Yes. It's such a cool and sexy thing to do, how could I not?

I found smoking is great for procrastinating. Last time I quit part of the motivation was that I wouldn't have to leave the library in colllege every 40 minutes for a smoke (thereby wasting 10 minutes).

just jumped aboard this gravy train. day one, and its a tough cookie. had to leave work early as i felt very weird and sleepy. been off them 19 hours now. i intend to cycle my cravings away also, just got meself a sweet ride yesterday. bought some milk thistle which apparantly helps with the detox, anyone ever try it? fuckin fags, why did i ever start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back