Giving up the smokes (1 Viewer)

seanc said:
No, no I did not. I tried, but I don't have the time for it right now. Hence the no smoking, financially unsustainable.

I have a thesis to right. And repeats to study for. And lots of other stuff.

And I'm fine though lads really, it's not that bad. Thanks though

Aww love, did you fail something?

Still, no reason to get back on the smokes.

theweeyin said:
Aww love, did you fail something?

Still, no reason to get back on the smokes.
Indeed, it's the reason I got off the smokes.

Still, can't believe I wrote "I have a thesis to right" instead of "write". And "repeats to study for" instead of "repeats for which to study"

approaching my 58th hour and its going fairly well. except for the fact that i could barely stay awake in work yesterday, want to eat constantly and seem to be developing some sort of cold or flu. no cravings really, just now and then i think about having a fag for like a millisecond then remember that i dont smoke anymore, bit like a mental twitch.suppose that probably would be considered a craving. anywho, had very vivid dreams last night that i was good mates with paul mccartney and that i had a fag and then freaked out at macca for not stopping me and then felt compelled to play him some francis plagne. go figure.

HMD said:
I've been getting the best nights sleep the last 2 nights(even with the heat). I thought you weren't able to sleep the first week or so.

i guess it depends on the person..i've got a bit of an over-active brain anyway so i'm a bit more prone to insomnia..slept well last night though

everyone still doing ok? i went to the pub last night foe a few pints of guinness. i was a bit concerned at first that i might give in. it felt very weird not drifting out of conversation/company to go for a smoke. it was also weird watching my the smokers disappear out for one. anyway, i'm delighted that i didn't smoke though. day 7 here i go.

tripoli said:
everyone still doing ok? i went to the pub last night foe a few pints of guinness. i was a bit concerned at first that i might give in. it felt very weird not drifting out of conversation/company to go for a smoke. it was also weird watching my the smokers disappear out for one. anyway, i'm delighted that i didn't smoke though. day 7 here i go.

That's great! Resisting the temptation is a great feeling isn't it :D

How's your hand doing?

another thing is..when you get your sense of smell back you can smell smoke and smokers a mile off, and jayses it's rank.

Hector Grey said:
another thing is..when you get your sense of smell back you can smell smoke and smokers a mile off, and jayses it's rank.

Just think, we used to smell like that too :eek:

Ok, think that qualifies as my first nasty anti-smoker symptom... INTERVENTION!

There'e the 'holier-than-thou' that I was talking about, see! Not that you are Squiggle, but it's in all of us methinks

Be the Hokey said:
There'e the 'holier-than-thou' that I was talking about, see! Not that you are Squiggle, but it's in all of us methinks
ah, sweet sweet judgement, where would we be without it? you'd do well to harness it's fearful potential.

george mcfly said:
do you want to go out and kick some smokers heads in this evening?

:eek:

No, that would be senseless violence - to which I am wholeheartedly opposed!

Perhaps we could just drop little hints about how bad they smell instead - but I think that actually might incite some violence ;)

Squiggle said:
:eek:

No, that would be senseless violence - to which I am wholeheartedly opposed!

Perhaps we could just drop little hints about how bad they smell instead - but I think that actually might incite some violence ;)

but i've got a sock full of coins that i've saved from not smoking over the last month :(

george mcfly said:
but i've got a sock full of coins that i've saved from not smoking over the last month :(

How about you use those coins to buy me a pint and in return I'll listen to your anti-smoker rant? :D

Squiggle said:
That's great! Resisting the temptation is a great feeling isn't it :D

How's your hand doing?

yeah i feel good for it today:)

hand is still pretty sore yeah. no apparent sign of a sting, just the general area is red and sore. fuckin wasps!!

george mcfly said:
ok, but i'm bringing it in a sock just in case..

:) Whatever it takes to make you feel more secure - good way to protect yourself from smokers who try to offer you ciggies I guess.

tripoli said:
hand is still pretty sore yeah. no apparent sign of a sting, just the general area is red and sore. fuckin wasps!!

I absolutely detest wasps. Red and sore is bad but at least you don't seem to have had a really severe reaction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back