Give Stan a chance (1 Viewer)

niallmc said:
Maybe he'll be the next Liam Miller
i think the comparision is really that they're from the same place. lets not forget yougn joey obrien and stephen jordan. there's soem decent irish lads coming through, and five of them are at reading, currently legging it away with the championship.

as for stephen elliot and andy reid... wither?

does anyone know what time his first press conference is on at today?

i'd like to hear how he handles the grillin.

Stilted Stan and friends were on around 11.
Bound to be repeated ad nauseum.
Try Setanta's Hub at 7 tonight.

ramps said:
there was talk before kerr lost the job that he might declare for england. but i think he has personal beef with kerr.

because there was some U-16 match in Turner's Cross and his family and all were after coming all the way up and Kerr didn't give him a run out. So him being a man of principle said he wouldn't ever play for Ireland under Kerr.

ratmonkey said:
because there was some U-16 match in Turner's Cross and his family and all were after coming all the way up and Kerr didn't give him a run out. So him being a man of principle said he wouldn't ever play for Ireland under Kerr.
not exactly, no.

Cormcolash said:
We do have some great young players coming through right now actually, the likes of Elliott and Reid are looking like fucking great prospects at the moment. Then there is McGeady who is fucking brilliant too. All we need are some decent defenders.

you can't seriously be excited by the prospect of Reid, Elliot and McGeady? there was once a time when most of the irish team were amongst the best players in England. Do you think if Reid, Elliot and McGeady were English anyone would be excited over there? Elliot plays for the worst team in the Premiership, and the other two are fuckin subs. Yippee.

"Will Sir Bobby be in the dug-out? "We will have to wait and see," said Staunton. Will he take a hands-on role in training? "Who knows?" the manager replied."

great.

look on the brightside. we could get some seriously shit teams as the first three seeds ahead of us:

lucky draw:

Greece
Poland
Bulgaria
THE REPUBLIC
Hungary
Moldova
Malta

Shit Draw
Netherlands
Spain
Ukraine
THE REPUBLIC
Northern Ireland
Luxembourg
Kazakhstan

Also: what the fuck is there to say when you haven't even had a training session - of course nothing interesting was said at that press conference. Fux ache. Give him a sniff of a chance.

Less of the negativity lads. if stan fails, i'm blaming you cunts for crating a vacuum. there's a lot of facts-not-quite-straight here in order to back up points that are purely negative. lets all get together on this and get behind stan. it's not our fault, or his, that the fai are shit. lets make the best of it, eh? what do you say? we'll make him a big card out of crepe paper and macaroni, eh? eh?

i agree with william, a tache would look good, but i fear the extra weight on his face might cause his neck to disappear completely

forza ireland.

gaffer...lads...consultant...laurels...dundalk...setanta..."i'm not daft"...advisory role...robson...jeronimo...stan.

easy to forget that stannerz was of the great green reds of the 80s.

STAUNTON_Steve_19890520_GH_R.jpg

just about. but that's where he won all his silverware. and lets not forget houllier bought him back. ha ha ha. great days.

but seersly. size of that head.

coast to coast said:
look on the brightside. we could get some seriously shit teams as the first three seeds ahead of us:

lucky draw:

Greece
Poland
Bulgaria
THE REPUBLIC
Hungary
Moldova
Malta

Shit Draw
Netherlands
Spain
Ukraine
THE REPUBLIC
Northern Ireland
Luxembourg
Kazakhstan

Also: what the fuck is there to say when you haven't even had a training session - of course nothing interesting was said at that press conference. Fux ache. Give him a sniff of a chance.

Dont like the look of your lucky draw much:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back