Gigs that your ashamed to have gone to (1 Viewer)

Mark Owen was always winning best hair. Give someone else a chance like!!!

Oh, and i went to see the Devlins at the Tivoli when i was 18 and felt some girls tits (over the bra) in the middle of the crowd (we were wearin the face of each other at the time).

deadly! did you pop a boner? did she know about it?

the verve at slane..i think finlay quaye also played..and the seahorses..

whipping boy/the supernaturals in the olympia

countless others..i was fierce britpop in my day..

were you ever at a smash hits poll winners party?

i was!!it was the year of boyzone, deuce and ant and dec..i still know all the moves to lets get ready to rumble..

i also made my sister go and see boyzone when i was 12..worst gig ever..and placebo in the sfx was equally shocking..

I went to a Dire Straits gig, in the Point when I was about 10.

I thought it was deadly at the time. Loud guitar and cool riffs. But, I later learnt that Dire Straits were really uncool. I would try to say things like "But the Love Over Gold album has a really good track on it", and "he's a deadly guitar player", and I got looks like I had just contracted Syphilis. Ie, mainly pitiful yet slightly disgusted and scared.

UB40 in the RDS. I was about 11 or 12. While me and my mate went up to watch to gig the aul boy hung at the back reading his book in between bands got talking to a group of people after he warned them of plain clothes guards circulating while they were skinning up. In return for the info they gave him a couple of spliffs and got himself toasted for the gig. He only told me this about 2 years agos.

haha
they would have been seriously shit then. Would have been good to see in 1980 / 81 though.

I went to a Dire Straits gig, in the Point when I was about 10.

I thought it was deadly at the time. Loud guitar and cool riffs. But, I later learnt that Dire Straits were really uncool. I would try to say things like "But the Love Over Gold album has a really good track on it", and "he's a deadly guitar player", and I got looks like I had just contracted Syphilis. Ie, mainly pitiful yet slightly disgusted and scared.

hmmm
I think all five tracks on Love Over Gold are really good
pay no mind to the haters

i'm really ashamed of having gone to see The Seahorses at the Olympia years ago

morto

you think thats bad? i have all their singles (four of them). the shame... though they have one really good b-side called Falling Is Easy. don't have the album anymore, but its fucking cack. I was always trying to convince myself it was good cos John Squire was involved.

Pffft, The Verve were an amazing band. They only went shite when Ashcroft went off and wrote Urban Hyms on his own. Nick McCabe rules.

If I remember correctly(which I doubt I do) they played played very little other than Urban Hymns, they did play on your own as an encore which kept me happy.

If I remember correstly they played played very little other than Urban Hymns, they did play on your own as an encore which kept me happy.
Yeah I guess in fairness the gigs after UH went massive weren't the best.

I saw them a couple of times just after they got back together and they were still playing old stuf like man called sun, brilliant gigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back