Georgia (3 Viewers)

ha, i was just trying to figure it out

looks like russia acting the prick, with the yanks giving a sly bit of help the georgians. they're fighting over [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Ossetia"]this[/ame].

nothing ever changes, eh

I think i'm right in saying that Georgia obtained nuclear weapons when the soviet army dissolved.

Can someone correct me?

i think loads (?) of soviet nuclear weapons were lost around that time, nobody knows where they are. i read an article a few years ago about how someone was caught trying to sell a russian suitcase-sized nuclear weapon in a london pub

Russias afraid theres been ethnic cleansing in South Ossetia where most of the citizens have been given Russian citizenship and Russian soldiers were killed in the area and Medvedev wants his revenge. Mainly its probably just Russia acting the maggot, its hard to know why they ever do anything, they seem to be very concerned with how poorly they're perceived by the international community but then they go and pull this sort of shit.

It's probably more to do with the "missile shield" and Russia asserting their right to "act militarily".

This is the start of it.

Watch as the rest of the world stands by idly whilst twiddling their thumbs and talking about sanctions.

Poland, here we come.

its russia flexing their muscle.

"fancy some do ya? DO YA? CAM ON YOU CAAAAAANTS!"

ap_putin_fish4_070814_ssv.jpg

Russias afraid theres been ethnic cleansing in South Ossetia where most of the citizens have been given Russian citizenship and Russian soldiers were killed in the area and Medvedev wants his revenge. Mainly its probably just Russia acting the maggot, its hard to know why they ever do anything, they seem to be very concerned with how poorly they're perceived by the international community but then they go and pull this sort of shit.

not sure if its as much international preception rather a kind of collective shame over what was let go on in the Yeltsin years, and where supposed democracy got them. The country has being pretty much a dictatorship since putin took over, and he has managed to restore a lot of pride in the country.
I thought it was a bit mad Bush asking the russians to stop their attacks outside the disputed area, this will further strenghten the russians arm, as obviously theres nothing that can be done if they dont, with the end result of looking strong infront of the satalite states around them

three cheers for new cold war
some nuclear escalation would go well with the current financial climate to create an authentic early-80s feel all across europe
which as we all know can only be a good thing for electropop

It's almost like Russia is (amongst other things) pointing out what a spineless, shite talking, self serving administration is currently running the world Superpower.

That Russia can, and will, do whatever the fuck they feel like doing, and no one will fuck with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back